SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#157107 - 03/13/05 01:36 PM tyros+speakers V yamaha AR100
nardoni2002 Offline

Loc: malaga, spain
comparing yamahas top of the range portable keyboard tyros and excellent speakers verses their top of the range home organ AR100,apart from 10,000 pounds cheaper and also an expensive cabinet whats the difference?if there is not alot of difference why don,t they drop the home organs altogether?what about other comparisons from other manufacturers?mike

#157108 - 03/13/05 03:49 PM Re: tyros+speakers V yamaha AR100
trevorjohn Offline

Loc: Cambridge United Kingdom
Actually Mike, Yamaha stopped making organs such as the AR and EL ranges more than a year ago. Although they are now marketing a new product called Stagea these are only available in the far east and Yamaha insist that they do not intend for them to be on sale anywhere else though some have slipped through the net I gather.

Trevor

#157109 - 03/13/05 08:15 PM Re: tyros+speakers V yamaha AR100
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
Just for your information.......the Yamaha Stagea is available here in USA, through Tustin Music in California, I have spoken several times with Ignacio Rubalcava (store manager & the Festival organizer)....and there are TWO models....one is a large spinet (Electone): 2X49 keyboards and 20 pedals.....and the 2X61 keyboards and 25 pedals...is a lot like a Tyros in steroids....and I will guess, similar to the PSR3000 also in steroids.....lots of features in commun, with the difference that it has a touch screen and in the larger unit,a feature unique, I dont remember what is called, but is a vibrato.

------------------
mdorantes

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online