SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#15671 - 09/24/01 10:06 PM What is the new, upcoming General Music Keyboard?
ComposerRyan Offline

(To General Music and the General Music Forumers )

Hi, I've heard a lot about the Winter NAMM Conference that is coming up. With this, I have also heard a lot of people saying that keyboards, including General Music's, will have an onboard CD Burner.

I was wondering if anyone has some solid information about the upcoming keyboards that are being made by General Music. When I saw the General Music Pro Mega 3 come out and read about its features and specifications (128 Mb of stereo samples, 320 notes of polyphony, etc), I was absolutely amazed! General Music has produced the best, well balanced keyboards yet, and I am planning to eventually buy one, but I want to see what General Music is planning to release in the near feature.

Also, I heard someone mention that some people who are part of General Music actually come out here and reply on this forum! I think that is so cool - and I was wondering if anyone from General Music would be willing to give us a preview of what is to come. For instance, please feel free to give us information on your upcoming keyboard(s), including its specifications:

-Does it include a CD Burner?
-What new features have been included? What are some of the keyboard's specifications (number of sounds, effects, etc)?

Well, I am looking forward to hearing some responses and comments about the upcoming keyboards made by General Music! Thanks a lot for taking the time out to listen.

Sincerely,
Ryan

[This message has been edited by ComposerRyan (edited 09-24-2001).]

ALSO, PLEASE BE SURE TO VISIT THE WEBQUAD NETWORK AT:
http://www.webquad.com

CONTACT ME AT:
composerryan@webquad.com

#15672 - 09/25/01 06:31 AM Re: What is the new, upcoming General Music Keyboard?
sk880user Offline

Loc: United States
It is a replacement for WK8 I think.

#15673 - 09/25/01 06:57 AM Re: What is the new, upcoming General Music Keyboard?
Vic01 Offline

Loc: Madison, Wisconsin USA
Hopefully ChrisAtGM who works for Gem will be able to spill the beans pretty soon. I've also heard the rumors that the new Gem arranger will have cd burning capabilities. I'd like to see them add buttons for additional fills within a variation. The ability to add more user styles or play the style direct from disk like the yamaha's do would be cool also. Hey as long as your at it how about sp/dif outs. Wheee !!

#15674 - 10/07/01 08:42 AM Re: What is the new, upcoming General Music Keyboard?
Anonymous
Unregistered

We will release specs and features of the new instrument soon. It will be shown to the trade in January 2002 at the Winter NAMM show. As you already surmised, it will be a replacement for the WK6/WK8 series with many new features never before seen of instruments of this type.

For more info about the PRO MEGA 3, please see my reply to the topic PRO MEGA 3!!

Chris Anthony
Generalmusic S.p.A

#15675 - 10/10/01 08:20 PM Re: What is the new, upcoming General Music Keyboard?
ComposerRyan Offline

Thank you Chris Anthony - I, along with the other people part of this forum, really appreciate your reply!

I've noticed, out of all the other keyboard creators out there, that General Music has the best, most well-balanced keyboards available out on the market. I am very serious about looking into a keyboard to buy, and so far, the General Music keyboards look promising! Right now, I am going to wait to see what the new replacement is like for the WK6/WK8 series! (I am so excited and cannot wait to hear the news!)

Again, thanks for clearing that up about the new upcoming keyboard - I know that it is going to be just awesome! I am very fortunate to have a local music store right in my town that is selling General Music keyboards - such as the Equinox - and I am VERY impressed with them. The design is awesome...I have read the instruction manual for the Equinox through your General Music website - it is a big help! - and the Equinox has had so much effort put into it. I just can't imagine what the new General Music keyboard is going to be like!

Thanks a lot for keeping us up-to-date about what is going on at General Music!
Ryan

[This message has been edited by ComposerRyan (edited 10-10-2001).]

ALSO, PLEASE BE SURE TO VISIT THE WEBQUAD NETWORK AT:
http://www.webquad.com

CONTACT ME AT:
composerryan@webquad.com

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online