SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#15649 - 10/11/06 06:02 PM Copying Style Presets in XP
sonola Offline

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA USA
This seems almost too simple to ask but I can't get it done from reading the manual. All I want to do is copy the "Softhorn" style preset from the Jazz Orch Swing style over to one of the empty style preset locations (there are four) under Jazz Basic Trio. Dave McMahan, please advise what to do. Thanks

#15650 - 10/11/06 06:20 PM Re: Copying Style Presets in XP
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi,

My XP is packed up at the moment but it should work the same way as the keyboard version. Select the style you want to copy then press the Edit button in the Song Player/Recording Studio section. There you will see one option available which is Copy. Use the cursor buttons to highlight that option and press Enter. You will then have the ability to place the copy of that style into any of the User Style locations. Once you have selected the desired location press Enter and that should do it.

If not let me know and tomorrow I will set up the XP and try it myself.

Best Regards,

Dave

------------------
Wm. David McMahan
Nat'l Product and Support Manager
Generalmusic USA
GEM Community Forums

[This message has been edited by WDMcM (edited 10-11-2006).]

#15651 - 10/12/06 03:11 AM Re: Copying Style Presets in XP
donpatt Offline

Loc: Lufkin, TX.
Hi Hank, and Group.

Here is how to copy the Style Preset "Softhorn" from the style Orch Swing to the style Basic Trio.

1. Select the style Orch Swing.
2. Select the Style Preset "Softhorn"
3. Press the STORE button.
4. In the STORE SCREEN use the right arrow key to select the Style Preset tab at the top right. YOU SHOULD SEE!

Name: Softhorn
Family: Trad
Style: 5 Orch Swing
Style Preset: 2 Softhorn

The ONLY things you need to change are the STYLE, and the LOCATION for the Style Preset.

Name: Softhorn. This is correct.
Family: Trad Just Ignore this. (no change)
Style: Orch Swing. Change to Basic Trio
Style Preset: Softhorn. Change from location 2 to location (5 thru 8).

Use the down arrow key and select Orch Swing. Turn the dial to the left until you see Basic Trio.
Now arrow down to Style Preset. Turn the dial until you see a number between 5 and 8.
Press ENTER.
There you have it.

Hope this helps.

Regards
Don P.

[This message has been edited by donpatt (edited 10-12-2006).]

#15652 - 10/12/06 04:54 AM Re: Copying Style Presets in XP
sonola Offline

Dear Dave and Don P.: Dave, I tried your steps and nothing happened (BTY, I don't want to populate the user style presets but rather the empty style presets in the main section. Does that make sense?) Before I posted my request I was trying to do what Don P. described (per the manual on page 80) but was hung up on changing the family from Trad to Jazz and I couldn't get it to work correctly. I did what Don P. said and ignored the family setting and it worked. However, intuitively and as a computer geek, it bothers me that it should work. Did it mess up something else?

#15653 - 10/12/06 05:12 AM Re: Copying Style Presets in XP
donpatt Offline

Loc: Lufkin, TX.
Hi Hank,

I can't speak for dave, but I don't think you messed anything up. I don't understand that function either. If you set it to say "Jazz", which seems logical, then in the Style section the Jazz styles do not show up. I'm certain Dave can explain.

But I've copied a lot of differents sounds to the Style Presets using the method I described and have not had any problems becausee I IGNORED the Family setting.

Regards,
Don P.

#15654 - 10/12/06 08:33 AM Re: Copying Style Presets in XP
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi,

Obviously I misread your original question. Sorry about that.

I will duplicate exactly what you are trying to do this afternoon and get back to you.

Thanks,

Dave

------------------
Wm. David McMahan
Nat'l Product and Support Manager
Generalmusic USA
GEM Community Forums

#15655 - 03/26/07 04:42 PM Re: Copying Style Presets in XP
sonola Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by WDMcM:
Hi,

Obviously I misread your original question. Sorry about that.

I will duplicate exactly what you are trying to do this afternoon and get back to you.

Thanks,

Dave
Dave, did you ever resolve this on your end? I still can't do what the manual describes on page 80. For example, I select Traditional Style: Slow Waltz, then hilite Style Prest: Strings, then hit the STORE button. It takes me to the STORE screen, wherein I hilite the STYLES PRESETS. Using the cursor keys, i move down to Family and select Latin. I then want to store the Strings into the unused style preset #7 of the BossaNova 1 style, but the style and style preset fields get populated with garbage characters as I scroll thru the options of each field. I'm wondering if this problem is related to the way I have loaded the USER STYLES on to the system, which has its own screen navigation problem. For example, if I'm in the Jazz Preset screen and hit the page button, it's supposed to take me to the corresponding set of Jazz User styles (i.e. preset family 5 to user family 5). But it doesn't. It will take me to the previously viewed user family. I originally thought this was related to the way I loaded the user styles, which was in the disc order encountered, i.e. alphabetically, which loaded country into user 1, dance in user 2, etc... I then reloaded them in the correct order, i.e. pop (1), rock (2), traditional (3), etc... But still the same page to page mismatch occurs.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online