comments welcome

thank you
guy

#156331 - 12/28/05 09:47 PM Re: I cleaned it up
George V Offline

Loc: Sofia
Hello Guy,
I liked this track very much.
I 've attended latino dance classes for few months. we dont dance Bossa Nova but after hearing this pleasant piece of music I may consider moving to another dance school where dey teach Bossa.
Thank you for sharing.

George

PS Actually, is Bossa Nova a dance? The only information I could find on Google was that it was a Brasilian music which was created in 1950s which "must be understood against the backdrop of traditional Brazilian popular music"

[This message has been edited by George V (edited 12-28-2005).]

#156332 - 12/29/05 12:38 AM Re: I cleaned it up
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi Guy
Like that very much and unlike a lot of demos, you used a decent bit rate (256) which means you could also here the quality of the sound, so well done.
By the way for any one else that is thinking of posting there music, use at least a 192-bit rate or people will not be able to hear how good your sounds and playing can be. (Exceptions are older recordings of cassette etc, which will not benefit from the higher bit rate)
Once again very nicely done.

Bill

#156333 - 12/29/05 05:45 AM Re: I cleaned it up
guy n Offline

Loc: East coast United States
Quote:
Originally posted by George V:

PS Actually, is Bossa Nova a dance? The only information I could find on Google was that it was a Brasilian music which was created in 1950s which "must be understood against the backdrop of traditional Brazilian popular music"
[This message has been edited by George V (edited 12-28-2005).]

George, thank you
From some I'net translation site:
bossa nova
noun bossa novas

1. A dance like the samba, originally from Brazil.
2. Music for this dance.
Etymology: 1960s: Portuguese, from bossa trend + nova new.

From another site:

Bossa Nova
The words Bossa Nova translate to 'new wave', an apt name for a style of music which is 'jazz-influenced samba', born in the 1950s in Brazil. This dance is a softer, more relaxed style, danced in a light-hearted, romantic way.

As I recall, when the bossa style hit the States in the early 60's, it was defined as 'new beat'. Whatever, I think it is beautiful, and love to play in that style.

guy

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online