SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#156182 - 10/13/05 12:27 PM HELP! Where in Yamaha XG Works do you view/enter/edit SysEx & Meta Event Commands?
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
I recorded a midi file in my Yamaha Tyros. I now want to add SysEX Meta data commands: FF 05 0A, which I believe, will trigger vocal harmony to come on 'automatically' at different points in the song when playing back the SMF, either via the Tyros, or another midi file playback device.

Unfortunately, the Yamaha Tyros does not support creating 'new' SysEX/Meta Event data in Song Creator. The only other option available is using an external midi sequencer. Unfortunately, Cakewalk Sonar won't work for this as when a midi file also includes Yamaha exclusive System Exclusive Meta Event data (FF), it ignores it, and then upon re-saving the file, the data is lost.

On the other hand, Yamaha XG Works both recognizes Yamaha Exclusive event data, and preserves it when saving the file as well.

The problem is that, since I haven't used XG Works in a very LONG time, I forgot exactly 'where' and 'how' in XGWorks (version 3.07E) you can view, enter/edit SysEX & exclusive Meta Event(FF) command data. I looked thru all the drop down menus and windows to no avail. Can somebody possibly help me?

Thanks in advance. - Scott

[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 10-13-2005).]

#156183 - 10/13/05 02:56 PM Re: HELP! Where in Yamaha XG Works do you view/enter/edit SysEx & Meta Event Commands?
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Scott,
not sure if this is what you're after, load midifile, check under
Window
List
all the notes, program changes , sysex etc etc shows up in a list.

best wishes
Rikki
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Scottyee:
[B]I

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#156184 - 10/14/05 12:42 AM Re: HELP! Where in Yamaha XG Works do you view/enter/edit SysEx & Meta Event Commands?
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
HI Rikki, many thanks for your reply. Yes, I did check the Window > List drop down menu, and checked each & every one of the song's blocks (tracks) for the specific Yamaha 'FF' Meta Event, of which appears when I load the same midi file into the Tyros: Song Creator > SysEx Tab Window. Strangely enough, it and all other FF type SysEx commands don't show up in my XG Works software program. Kinda weird. I'm baffled.

Scott

#156185 - 10/14/05 04:56 PM Re: HELP! Where in Yamaha XG Works do you view/enter/edit SysEx & Meta Event Commands?
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Scott,
while you're in list mode, go to
setup
display filter
and make sure non of the boxes are ticked. You might actually be blocking the display of sysex messages etc
best wishes
Rikki

[This message has been edited by rikkisbears (edited 10-14-2005).]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online