to the genesys Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Tommy64:
Go to http://www.gem-lem.de/
Choose Downloadbereich and register

regards

Tommy

Thanks for sharing that.
Do you know what was included in that update?
Did they implement rootless chord voicing for the style section? All the other arranger companies are doing it. Not to mention that it is very good for jazz playing.

#15609 - 06/24/05 10:29 AM Re: New os for Genesys pro s, XP and Promega 3
Tommy64 Offline

Loc: Randers Denmark
Hi - click on the updates and you will see the changes 7 new features.

#15610 - 06/24/05 10:31 AM Re: New os for Genesys pro s, XP and Promega 3
Tommy64 Offline

sorry - that should be changes / new features NOT 7 new features!!!!

#15611 - 06/24/05 01:49 PM Re: New os for Genesys pro s, XP and Promega 3
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Go to http://www.gem-lem.de/
Choose Downloadbereich and register

regards

Tommy

Hi Tommy,

Thanks for posting the link. It is very important to note here that this link is to the German distributor of GEM products and therefore the operating systems are designed for units sold in that market. For the most part this means some different sounds and/or presets, different style presets, etc. than what is used for the US market.

NOTE 1:
The Genesys Pro S operating system is NOT compatible with the original Genesys SP or Genesys Pro so if you don't have the new Genesys Pro S, do not try to install this O/S.

NOTE 2:
The Promega 2 and 3 operating system update requires opening up the units and changing a jumper on the main board during the installation. This is best left to a qualified service technician.

NOTE 3, TO CUSTOMERS IN THE US:
If you desire the latest operation system for your GEM instrument, it is incredibly easy to receive the proper O/S direct from the Generalmusic corporate offices in Chicago, IL. Either call 630-766-8230 and request an O/S disk or contact me via my e-mail address in my profile and I will see that an O/S disk is sent to you.

These operating systems are quite large and it is much more dependable to receive a CD with a known good O/S than it is to try to download the file and hope that no glitches occurred during the transfer.

Best Regards,

Dave

------------------
Wm. David McMahan
Nat'l Product and Support Manager
Generalmusic USA
GEM Community Forums

[This message has been edited by WDMcM (edited 06-24-2005).]

#15612 - 06/24/05 07:45 PM Re: New os for Genesys pro s, XP and Promega 3
Jerry Mullikin Offline

Loc: Grand Junction, CO USA
Dave,

Will a new OS for the Genesys SP be issued here in the US? If so, do you have any idea when?

Jerry Mullikin

#15613 - 06/25/05 09:39 AM Re: New os for Genesys pro s, XP and Promega 3
Tommy64 Offline

Are those styles and presets not available outside US?

Regards Tommy - Denmark

#15614 - 06/25/05 05:51 PM Re: New os for Genesys pro s, XP and Promega 3
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Jerry Mullikin:
Dave,

Will a new OS for the Genesys SP be issued here in the US? If so, do you have any idea when?

Jerry Mullikin

Hi Jerry,

How's it going?

Actually the Genesys SP is available in the US right now. As I alluded to in my former post, there are some hardware differences in the new 'S' version in comparison to the original Genesys so the 'S' version O/S will not work in the original Genesys. There will be an upgrade path for original Genesys owners who would like the new features of the 'S'.

Best Regards,

Dave

P.S. I heard from Bill yesterday and he said things are looking up for the dealer we spoke about the other day.
"Thanks for your help!"

------------------
Wm. David McMahan
Generalmusic USA
GEM Community Forums

#15615 - 06/25/05 05:57 PM Re: New os for Genesys pro s, XP and Promega 3
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Are those styles and presets not available outside US?

Regards Tommy - Denmark

Hi Tommy,

It's not so much the styles as it is the style presets. I.e. some of the sound assignments and volume/EQ mix have been edited in the European O/S. They are not better or worse, just different. You would probably be better served by doing some editing of the existing style presets yourself so the instrument will reflect your style of playing and music. Just a thought.

There have been some new samples added to the 'S' version Genesys and these sounds will be implemented in the 'S' series worldwide.

Best Regards,

Dave

------------------
Wm. David McMahan
Generalmusic USA
GEM Community Forums

#15616 - 06/25/05 09:05 PM Re: New os for Genesys pro s, XP and Promega 3
Jerry Mullikin Offline

Loc: Grand Junction, CO USA
Hello Dave,

I think I confused myself in checking out things about a new OS. I was referring to my Genesys as the SP version, to me, meaning it had speakers(SP) when, in fact, the newest iteration of the Genesys is the S line, and the OS is not the same for these two. I don't think I will be upgrading my system to be compatible with the new S line. I just don't think I need something like that. Instead, I think I will try to find a way, somewhere down the line, to get my hands on an RP800. I'm sure that is a ways into the future, but I think that will give me everything I am looking for. A beautiful digital piano, also a means to control the Genesys. Best of both worlds. I dearly love that Fazioli sound on the RP800. Also, I am glad to hear things might be looking up as far as that dealer is concerned. I spoke with him along those lines again today, while at my piano class. Hopefully we'll get it done one of these days. BTW, he is very impressed with Bill.

Jerry M

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online