SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#156023 - 09/05/04 09:15 AM Must be something wrong with Senn 855
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
. . . it doesn't sound nearly as good as SM58, Sennheiser, 845, 835 or even the cheap Behringers.
In order to get it to sound half-decent, I must boost lows way up, cut mids, boost highs, etc. Still doesn't sound good. That makes no sense as it should certainly be a step above these other mics.
We have two more on the way, so if they sound as they should, I can send this one back. No way I'll use it the way it sounds.
DonM

#156024 - 09/05/04 12:00 PM Re: Must be something wrong with Senn 855
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Don,

Kinda' makes you wonder if the sweetheart was because they were returns to the distributor.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#156025 - 09/05/04 01:36 PM Re: Must be something wrong with Senn 855
Dnj Offline

very weird Don......Its one of the best mics I ver used on stage & still to this day. Could be defective?

#156026 - 09/05/04 03:50 PM Re: Must be something wrong with Senn 855
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Gary,
They were drop-shipped directly from Sennheiser, so they weren't dealer returns.
The other two will be here Tuesday, so we'll know for sure then whether this is a bad one.
DonM

#156027 - 09/06/04 08:51 AM Re: Must be something wrong with Senn 855
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
My Sennheiser came 4 days later then the EV and SM58 I got from my dealer also because it was dropped shipped form Sennheiser.

I don't know if I mentioned this in my other post, however it's worth mentioning again. Besides the "S" hissing distraction I get with both the Sennheiser and the EV, I also get a very annoying "P" popping sound from both of them also. No problem with the Shure SM58S.

I guess as Dave, Don, Donny, Gary, Fran and others have been preaching for years, you'd better try stuff out for yourself.

Hunt around the net, there are dealers that will let you try out Mics and as many as three at a time. You shouldn't have to be stuck with anything that doesn't work for you no matter how great it works for someone else.

This is 2004 not 1904. Ha! Ha! If they don't allow returns, don't do business with them.

My local store wanted $2000 for my i30 when I bought it for $1595. He would not match a mail order price 2 1/2 years ago. Now he's offering to match prices on everything. The problem now is, I can get it off the internet in 3 to 5 days for regular shipping rates on most items. I guess it's because I'm in the middle of the US just about.

It's now two weeks and he is still trying to get me a clip on Audix Mic for my sax. If he doesn't get it by tomorrow, I'm going to tell him that I'm going to order off of the net. I'm leaving for New Orleans around the end of this month and I need time to work with it.

[This message has been edited by brickboo (edited 09-08-2004).]

#156028 - 09/08/04 10:03 AM Re: Must be something wrong with Senn 855
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
Well the Sennheiser and the EV767a are going to FedEx today. Can you believe that UPS wants $9.10 for 4 to 5 day shipping and FedEx is offering 3 day shipping for $6.10 on these two Mics. Boy it pays to shop. Better service for even a better price. How ya gonna beat that!

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online