1-If you have the Oriental Kit on Flash Card, can you please test the drum kit sounds and the ACCORD1 sound (for the accord try the key G4 with high velocity...for the arab drumkit sound try F4). I still have backgroung noise on those keys with those sounds...can you check with Ketron and see how I can at least trouble shoot this? George Kaye replaced the Card for me, but I have the same problem. I do not hear those noises when playing the sounds from HD.
>>>AJ: I have tried to reproduce this same situation above and don't really experience any noise. Sometimes (as could be the case with some samples esp at loud volumes) you might here a 'slight' mid-range 'sound' after the main sound has been reproduced. In such cases, these are parts of the after-tones of the sample (or effects that were sampled along with the initial sample). Also check your ground/plugs/outlets etc. If the sounds work when in RAM and act up when in the card, the issue could possibly be:
* card contact
* card circuit board
You might have to contact NY with regards to repairs/warantee info etc.
2-Can I lock the Arranger volume regardless of changing styles (Can I set the left volume to 50 for example and lock it at 50 while changing styles?).
>>>AJ: This you can do (I'll explain more this evening).
*****> CORRECTION: Pre OS2.3a, this was possible (by pressing both -PAGE+ buttons). However, this LOCKED the arranger volume only. It didn't lock the volumes of the individual components of the arranger (chords, drums ...) so if these values varied greatly from one style to another, there was still a noticeable change in arranger volume. Even if we 'locked' these, there was the issue of the velocity of the keys (harder or softer strokes during the programming of the style?) So in order to be able to 'freeze' the volume of the arranger totally, all these would have to be taken into account for maybe a future OS release since this feature is not available within rel 2.2a-4.0 ?
Sorry for late update!
3-How can I avoid feedback on my vocalizer. When I use the Mic without Voclaizer, I get NO feedback, but as soon as I ACTIVATE the vocalizer, I start getting feedback, any ideas?
>>>AJ: I had an improved VOCALIZER software which I sent out to dealers for customers who requested modifications to their vocalizer (esp those experiencing feedback etc). Please ref to this post: .]http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/002558.html].
This software limits feedback by over 90% and also has some more vocal settings and adjustments for the X/SD series vocalizer. Please contact George Kaye (email@example.com), or Dan Oneil (firstname.lastname@example.org) and request this software. It's free.
4- Can you comment on the difference between 3.2 OS and 4.0 OS? Is one more stable than the other? What are the extras on 4.0 that are not supported on 3.2?
>>>AJ: OS 4.0 incoorporates all changes/modifications that were made in OS 3.2 plus the following 12 additions (from our website):
1) The writing "Fill4" is changed to "Break" in the menu vocalizer to arranger
2) Record song now records also the bass sustain
3) Search song directory with more then 20 midifile with the same initial character, by pressing value + or - now shows the following pages
4) The functions HOLD e LEFT DRUM are added to the foot switches
5) Possibility to load sound banks till 16 MB
6) When starting with song recording , now the keyboard transopse is cleared
7) Using the sequencer , by pressing PAGE + and - contemporary , the tempo is shown
8) The selection of single registration by footswitch now is possible
9) Saving "DYnamic ARRANGER" in "POWER ON SETUP" now is possible.
10) In "SONG PLAY" and "JUKE BOX" the file list is automatically repositioned
11) In the song record the left balance is now discarded because the song balance has the same function
12) Saving of "POWER ON SETUP" on the disk is now possible in the file "POWER.PON"
[This message has been edited by Ketron_AJ (edited 03-20-2002).]