SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#155924 - 02/02/01 11:29 AM SD1 and wha wha
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Hello to all,
Many things have been said about the SD1 .
I think the keyboard is fantastic . While demonstrating the Sd1 at the NAMM show the coolest thing was assigning the volune pedal to make it a wha wha pedal . I couldn't get enough of it . Just my 2 cents worth.
Dan O oneils4@home.com

#155925 - 02/02/01 11:52 AM Re: SD1 and wha wha
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
Are you the Dan from guitar center? Different screen name?
Anyway I'm down to either the SD-1 or 9000PRo.
I think the 9000Pro is great with their individual sounds.
I think the styles of the SD-1 are great.
How would these 2 keyboards compare to a EM-2000. Which I have, I'm even thinking of going with a VA-7 to replace my EM-2000, just because of the ease of smf playback and the quality.

#155926 - 02/02/01 02:47 PM Re: SD1 and wha wha
Ahmad Offline

Loc: Lebanon
Hi, the wha wha can be assigned to the volume pedal in the X1 also.

Frankieve, I didn't heard the SD1 yet but I can tell you my point of view starting from the X1. I heard the va-7 and I tried it next to the X1, and after two hours of comparing the two instruments, the X1 was a big winner. For the psr9000 pro, I didn't heard it but from what I've seen over the net, it seems the 9000 pro has little additions to the 9000 and that for the sounds, while the SD1 seems to be a new keyboard with new sounds, styles and new functions, I advise you to wait more time until the SD1 will come out.

Sorry for answering you before Dan does

#155927 - 02/02/01 07:19 PM Re: SD1 and wha wha
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Hello ,
Yes I am the Dan from guitar center.
I needed to establish to email addresses .
I have been having problems with my internet@home service. So, Having the GC email address in kind of a back up.
OK....Psr9000pro VS. SD1 ......
I am pro Ketron .
I played the prototype PSR9000pro in L.A.
last year (2000 ).
I would definately wait for the SD1 to hit the USA and make a side by side comparison .
The SD1 is truely amazing . 307 styles , 107 are rewritable to your taste . 6 gig hard drive . Vocal harmony kit with balanced XLR input . The drums on the SD1 are the best I have ever heard . Select a couple of different midi files and play them in all the competitive keyboards . The sound quality on the X1 and now SD1 are what makes a difference to me . Maybe it will make a difference to you ? Good Luck and Wait for the SD1 . Sincerely, Dan O

#155928 - 02/07/01 01:44 PM Re: SD1 and wha wha
muziekatelier Offline

Loc: MECHELEN BELGIUM
The SD-1 is faboulous. I have the demoversion and i am studying this now. the styles are even more powerful than on the X1 and more professional. You can't imaging whats going to happen with several mariages.
This is a complete disaster for all women i think. Its worth wile waiting.
Concerning the EM 2000 : it is the biggest disaster Roland ever made. And even the VA 7 is not any better. In Belgium there are not saleable.Good luck to ROLAND.
keyboardlessons

#155929 - 02/07/01 07:16 PM Re: SD1 and wha wha
JCkeeys Offline

Loc: St. James,New York,USA
I have played and owned many arranger KB's. The X1 was the first one where I could sit down and enjoy playing a ton of songs and find a multitude of styles to play them with!
The styles are not OVER DONE yet they're not simple and boring. It really is a difficult thing to describe?? I had the opportunity to play one for a few days (after selling my I30) and decided immediatly I would purchase a Solton! Because of the timing (intro of the SD1) I decided to order an SD1! Can't wait 'till I get it!!
The Roland, Yamaha, Korg are all pro stuff that sounds great BUT the Solton/X1(and I'm sure the SD1)move away from the pack and enter a different ZONE !!It is not for everyone, nothing is, but IMHO it is worth the wait to see,hear and play the SD1.
Good luck

#155930 - 02/08/01 05:07 AM Re: SD1 and wha wha
Roel Offline

Hi Muziek-atelier,

I'm VERY interested in hearing/playing (AND purchasing !) the SD1.
Do you have any idea when the SD1 will be released in Europe.
I am from (north part of) the Netherlands and perhaps you know a place where I can see the SD1 playing ?

Ik ben je dankbaar voor alle info !

kind regards,

Roel
Coevorden

#155931 - 02/11/01 08:00 AM Re: SD1 and wha wha
muziekatelier Offline

Beste Roel,

De SD - 1 wordt leverbaar vanaf begin maart 2001. Het is wel zo dat de bestellingen van de dealers reeds een tijdje geplaatst zijn. Het is best waarschijnlijk dat, als je hem bestelt, je hem pas ziet eind april of in de loop van mei.
Waar? Nietap -Leek ofwel neem je even contact met de distributeur voor BENELUX
0032 2 511 14 18 om een dealer in je buurt te vinden als je er geen weet.
Ik kom niet elke dag op internet. Het kan dus telkens even duren voor je antwoord krijgt.
keyboardlessons

#155932 - 02/11/01 08:54 AM Re: SD1 and wha wha
Roel Offline

Hello again,

Thanks very much for your information (in Dutch !)
All members on this forum have a kind of agreement to 'chat' in English, so my reply is English.
I purchased my X1 in Nietap (Da Capo Sjoerd) and I will call him tomorrow and ask him all details.

I think we both are lucky to live in 'tiny Benelux' and the distance to a dealer for me is only 50 miles .... ha !

I wonder : Are you a Solton Dealer and do you already have the SD1 in your store ?

kind regards
Roel

#155933 - 02/14/01 11:35 AM Re: SD1 and wha wha
muziekatelier Offline

I'm appologisin to all users. didn't know we had to answer in English. So next time i'll think about it.
I don't have the SD-1 in my own store. I work together with the distributor for BENELUX , so in that way I can see it every day. I'm going to translate the english manual in Dutch. I am supposed to know everything about this machine.
There goes my marriage agian.

Best regards !
keyboardlessons

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online