SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#155914 - 10/15/04 07:10 AM Choosing an elctronic piano with midi capabilities
rhp52 Offline

Hey everybody-
due to the extremly helpful info i have received from all of you i am now homing in on a keyboard controller w/ midi. Am looking at the kurz sp88x and yamama sp90. It will be used as a piano for enjoyment and as a midi controller using probably soft synth and soft sequence if i need it.
I'm not quite certain ahow these two are in terms of interacting with computers. i don't believe either has usb or smart media. do i even need that feature if i'm storing midi files on computer?
How does one utilize this proposed setup correctly? I may be off base with some of this so don't hesitate to set me straight!
thanks again for all your input

#155915 - 10/15/04 07:39 AM Re: Choosing an elctronic piano with midi capabilities
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Frank and Rikki seem to have the most experience with soft synths here, but I run a hardware studio from a single controller and I find that most of the fluff needs to be in the synth, not the controller. Different story for live.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online