SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#155822 - 05/17/06 03:53 AM PSR 3K reg storage question
kkmusic2001 Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada
Hi, I was wondering if you guys had a way to resolve this issue.

I store all my registrations and styles on the smart card. I would like to have a backup so I bought myself a USB pen drive and copied all the reg/styles to it. However I found out that if I remove the smart card then all the style references on the registrations (on the USB drive) are void.

What I am saying is registration stores reference to styles in an absolute manner rather than relative. Is there anyway to change this? Or is there a utility available that I can use to change the style references on registrations on USB drive to the ones on the drive itself?

#155823 - 05/17/06 05:01 AM Re: PSR 3K reg storage question
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
If the styles used to create the registrations are third party styles, and stored on the SM card, then the USB has no way of accessing those styles. However, if the styles are onboard styles, or third party styles stored in the keyboard;s internal memory, then there should not be a problem.

Cheers,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#155824 - 05/17/06 05:30 AM Re: PSR 3K reg storage question
kkmusic2001 Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada
Thanks - yes it is the third party styles I am having this issue with. While the smart card is inserted if I try to access the reg from USB drive things are ok (since it can find the style on the SM card). Its when I remove the SM card that the issue surfaces. Internal styles are OK too.

So I guess the only way to have a backup is to have another SM card or manually update the reg on the USB drive to point to the backup style on itself?

Does anyone know the format of the reg files (i.e. how the styles are stored). Perhaps such a utility can be developed?

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online