SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#155655 - 07/15/03 06:44 AM Re: 6/8 time
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Tony my info [recapped] came from Billboard book of "One hit wonders"..It included the Bronx location of Dorp H.S...

#155656 - 07/15/03 07:50 AM Re: 6/8 time
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Hmmm, I'm not 100% sure about the Beethoven reference...I'll look it up. I always thought it was his...
OOPS ! here's proof:
http://mmd.foxtail.com/Archives/Digests/199704/1997.04.21.05.html

I stand corrected ! Hail Mozart !

As for the Tokens cover .... now that you mention it, the Tokens did a CD called "Re Doo Wop" and there is a medley that starts with Little Star and touches base on about 10 great hits. The CD also has a "vocal-less" version at the end of the album called "Do YOU Doo Wop" that you can sing along to.
(that dreaded "K" word again)

#155657 - 07/15/03 08:23 AM Re: 6/8 time
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
... after some research (the 'net IS a wealth of knowledge), I've found that on Dion's (it doesn't say "... and The Belmonts") 'Runaround Sue' album, there is a cover of "Little Star" ...

The rumor that circulated around SI was that The Elegants had a 'run-in' with Alan Freed, the then King of RnR DJs in NY, and he told them they would never have another hit as long as he was around... It was too bad because at least one of their subsequent releases "True Love Affair" was a good tune for the times......
t

#155658 - 07/15/03 08:38 AM Re: 6/8 time
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I don't think the Belmonts are featured in Runaround Sue, Lovers who wander (same thing, really) OR The Wanderer. Dion went solo early on, and we all just kept adding the "Belmonts" tag to the name.
Then he had some success by teaming up with the DelSatins too. I'm a little vague on details and too lazy to look it up, but they had hits together as well.

#155659 - 07/15/03 12:02 PM Re: 6/8 time
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Dave is on the money[sometimes]..Dion without the Belmonts:Abraham,Martin and John.....Donna the Prima Donna...Drip drop...Little Diane...Lonely teenager...Love come to me...The Majestic..Ruby Baby...Runaround Sue[BTW I had one}...Sandy..This little girl...The Wanderer...WITH BELMONTS on't pity me..I wonder why...In the Still of the night..No one knows..When you wish upon a star[not the Elegants Little Star]...Where or when...

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online