SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#155249 - 09/04/03 09:41 AM What do you guys think of this 'new' Music Rack Stand?
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
London, UK & Atlanta, GA – July 1, 2003
RAT Music Stands Ltd. announced the introduction of a family of innovative professional folding music stands called Jazz. Jazz stands represent the first time that the benefits of the two types of traditional stands, full size fixed and folding, have been combined together.

The new product is designed for orchestras, music groups and individual performers. Jazz is a professional quality stand with the versatility of being highly portable, for both indoor and outdoor events. Jazz stands represent several decades of experience in music stand development. The product is both eye-catching and yet friendly to the most discriminating performer. It has no knobs, no finger traps and eliminates the hassle of opening it up.

Jazz stands offer a full range of height adjustment from under 40 cm (15 in) to 120 cm (47 in). The stand has similar stability to a fixed-stand and a full size music tray with pencil shelf. As a result of their unique and patented design, they fold in three moves to a flat pack no larger than the size of the tray (51 x 38 cm or (20 x 15in.) and 5cm (1.97 in) thick. The aluminum alloy legs and stem, and high impact polymer tray make the Jazz stand light in weight (3.1 Kg or 6.8 lbs.) yet extremely sturdy.

The Jazz stand’s design utilizes a patented friction joint adjustment system. This system enables Jazz to raise high enough for the tallest standing trumpeter, yet drop low enough for the youngest cellist, without adjusting a single screw. A variant of Jazz is also available in which the base is reversed to enable the stand to be placed very close of the chair of the player in front. This version is designed to cater to orchestras with very tight space restrictions. Once folded the Jazz stand is easily inserted into an optional gig-bag, stacked on top of other Jazz stands, or put in a custom made flight case.
Other Jazz stand options include availability in anodized colors (blue, green, red, pink and soft gold - all with a black tray) and a range of lights specifically developed for the stand. Selling prices range from about $95.00 for the basic model to about $110.00 for the colored versions. This makes them an attractive investment for music organizations seeking a high quality professional product with a useful life several times that of lower quality portable designs.
http://www.ratstands.com/jazz.html

#155250 - 09/04/03 10:27 AM Re: What do you guys think of this 'new' Music Rack Stand?
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Good idea.
DonM

#155251 - 09/04/03 10:57 AM Re: What do you guys think of this 'new' Music Rack Stand?
Dnj Offline

Nice design, but more stuff to carry Arggggg!

#155252 - 09/04/03 11:40 AM Re: What do you guys think of this 'new' Music Rack Stand?
Happy Birthday tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Nice design, but a bit pricey for a music stand, no? .......
t.

#155253 - 09/04/03 11:57 AM Re: What do you guys think of this 'new' Music Rack Stand?
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Looks appealing, but I'd want to see it in person to check actual quality and features before buying. I like that it folds up into a compact, easy-to-carry package; far less bulky than my retractable stand. I obviously missed the price, but I would imagine for now it's more than I'd want to pay. If I was looking to buy a stand, this is a possibility.

#155254 - 09/04/03 12:15 PM Re: What do you guys think of this 'new' Music Rack Stand?
Dnj Offline

$107.00 !!!!

#155255 - 09/04/03 12:46 PM Re: What do you guys think of this 'new' Music Rack Stand?
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Where do you put the laptop? Hey, I have a great stand for sale--don't need it anymore. Dave and Donny introduced me to the laptop and my music stand became obsolete. Ya gotta love it!

Cheers,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online