SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#155073 - 02/25/06 05:01 AM Re: All you Mac users
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Paolo & Jorgen,

Thanks, I was not aware these programs would run on Mac. Good information for those who are thinking about switching.

Cheers,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#155074 - 02/25/06 03:04 PM Re: All you Mac users
chony Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
Paolo & Jorgen,

Thanks, I was not aware these programs would run on Mac. Good information for those who are thinking about switching.

Cheers,

Gary

Gary,

To be fair, there are certain music programs which don't work on a Mac - most notably for me, the Yamaha Tyros software!

I find that a lot of the amatueur and free sortware and plug-ins are not available for the Mac -- but when it comes to professional audio, film or design, you'll get more on the Mac than the PC.

If you want to use an ancient operating system and microsoft word though, you'll probably be better off with a PC.

Just kidding!!! The truth is that if you're computer savvy, you can probably get the same done on both...

Chony

#155075 - 02/25/06 03:55 PM Re: All you Mac users
ptram Offline

Mike,

Quote:
I've tried to open a midi file in garage band and so far have not been able to do it.

Typical of people not used to Apple's ease of use. :-)
Just drag the midifile to the GarageBand window, and the new song is ready.

Cheers,
Paolo

#155076 - 02/25/06 11:23 PM Re: All you Mac users
TP123 Offline

Loc: Fla. / Nashville
Hi,

I use 2 Mac and have for over 10 years... LOVE IT.
Easier than Windows.

Also don't forget that with Virtual PC 7 I can run
ANY windows program on my Mac!

Pro Logic 7 and ProTools are reeeeally productive
on the Mac too.

T M

#155077 - 02/27/06 04:36 PM Re: All you Mac users
Douglas Dean Offline

Loc: Prospect Heights IL USA
Gary says - “I was not aware”.

And that friends is the root of most of the problems of many. They know everything for a fact but are not aware of their ignorance. They go travlin’easy through life giving advice to others while not being aware of what is around them.

I guess the old saying that ignorance is bliss is certainly true.

Grandpa Doug running a number of Macs in his corporation and music endeavors is always willing to look at the real world and see it for what it is and not for what one may think it is.

Grandpa Doug, again, just musing.

#155078 - 02/27/06 07:15 PM Re: All you Mac users
Musicman22 Offline

Loc: Boynton Beach, Fl.
Grandpa Doug:

Your opinion about Gary is more than a little off. He's not an ignorant person by any stretch of the imagination, although he may travel a bit easy through life, as we all do from time to time, he is definitely aware of what's going on around him.
I for one, have learned and grown from his knowledge and expertise and probably many people on this and other forums also.
His generosity of himself is to be commended. I wish I was as knowledgeable and as generous as he is.

No GRANDPA, you're absolutely wrong about this man. "Ignorance is Bliss".

Peter

[This message has been edited by Musicman22 (edited 02-27-2006).]

#155079 - 02/27/06 08:18 PM Re: All you Mac users
chony Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Musicman22:

No GRANDPA, you're absolutely wrong about this man. "Ignorance is Bliss".

Ouch! LOL.

Anyways, I'm a Mac guy all the way, but I completely understand why people have a bad opinion of Macs. They may be good at making computers, but at marketing they were terrible until very, very recently.

Chony

#155080 - 02/28/06 08:30 AM Re: All you Mac users
Douglas Dean Offline

Peter and others,

Sorry if you thought I was saying Gary was an ignorant man. I did not say he was not aware of what is going on around him. I also never said he had no knowledge and/or expertise in anything. To top it off I never said he was not a generous person. You implied that is my impression of him. It is not! You Peter, are standing up for Gary and I commend you for that. I have been reading Gary’s posts for some time and will say without a doubt in his field of endeavor he is no dummy. And that Peter, is my whole point!

People give advice about things without knowledge, out of their expertise, not being aware of what they are saying. In other words Peter, you seem to know Gary, so, when he or anyone for that matter says something that is negative or false about a product because you trust him you will be mislead. In Gary’s case, as with many others, their intent is not to mislead on purpose but the result has the same effect in the end. And that Peter, is what needs to be addressed!

Yes Chony, you have had experience with Mac’s as well as many others and know the elegance of the OP. You know the quality, the delight and satisfaction one has in operating a fine piece of gear. Owning and using the finest of anything is always of great pleasure. With a Mac there is no problem to also run PC programs with software. Try to run Mac programs on a PC, no dice!

So fellows, in closing, I hope ya’all understand what I am saying. Be aware of what you know about something less another is mislead and misses out on a great pleasure in life. Of course Peter one of your great concerns is that with Mac the cost of everything is greater than with PC. That is true and has to be weighed in the mix of one’s means. However driving a BMW is still more fun than a Ford even though they both will get you to the same place.

And that’s it for Grandpa Doug

P.S. Ruthie says she has more fun with me than her first boy friend. She says to make the right choice fellows and you won’t be sorry.

#155081 - 03/01/06 09:02 AM Re: All you Mac users
chony Offline

Quote:
Sorry if you thought I was saying Gary was an ignorant man.[/B]

Thanks for clarrifying that. It did seem from your original post that you were saying just that.

Chony

#155082 - 03/02/06 07:37 AM Re: All you Mac users
Douglas Dean Offline

Chony, thanks for understanding.

As you said, It did seem from your original post that you were saying just that. I am happy to be able to clarify that. Just goes to show everything is not always what it seems to be. Seems like Mac is at the tail end of computing technology where as the PC is the copy cat of the Mac windows system and rather clunky and funky at that. I much prefer going with the leader than being a follower. Buying cheap is what you get for cheap. Cheapness and the problems associated with it. Of course cheap is not cheap when it morphs into necessity.

Necessity becomes necessary when one cannot necessarily get along without the necessity of a tool to do the job. Therefore cheapness is not always being cheap when cheapness becomes necessary in lieu of .............., well you know what I mean?

Old Grandpa is just thinking about things again because it don’t hurt to think about things. With that I think I will think about what I think I will think about playing at the shindig (gig) tonight. An awards presentation party with eating, drinking and dancing afterwards. Any suggestions what I should play tonight for big ego music?

Grandpa Doug with Ruthie doing the heavy setup work. I just love that girl!

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online