SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#154845 - 10/15/03 06:44 AM Full-Time Performance Opportunity
Anonymous
Unregistered

Interested in a Full-Time Performance Opportunity?

The United States Air Force Heartland of America Band
announces openings for the following:

JAZZ PIANO

DRUM SET / PERCUSSION

ARRANGER

As a member of the United States Air Force Band, you will enjoy the following benefits:
-Starting salary of up to $27,600!
-30 days paid vacation
-Full medical and dental benefits
-College Loan Repayment, Montgomery G.I. Bill and 100% Tuition Assistance
-Pride in serving your country while performing as many as 200 concerts a year and much more!

The United States Heartland of America Band is located at Offutt Air Force Base on the outskirts of Omaha, NE. Home to almost 500,000 people, the Omaha area rates consistently in the top 20 percent of places to live in the United States. The College World Series, professional sports teams, world famous performing arts, and a variety of cultural activities, are some of the reasons that Omaha is a top-ranked city to live in and visit.

FOR INFORMATION ON THESE OPPORTUNITIES AND MORE, CONTACT THE USAF HEARTLAND OF AMERICA BAND AUDITIONS STAFF AT (402) 232-4375 OR (402) 294-0501. YOU CAN ALSO VIEW OUR WEB PAGE AT: www.offutt.af.mil/Assoc_Units/Band/auditions.htm OR REACH US VIA E-MAIL AT band.aud@offutt.af.mil

#154846 - 10/15/03 07:55 AM Re: Full-Time Performance Opportunity
Idatrod Offline

Loc: Oceanside, CA USA
Hey Shane, thanks for the post but you'll find that most people on this forum are too old to enlist in the Service. I admire your fortitude though. Also, when your post speaks of an 'ARRANGER' I don't think it's talking about an Arranger Keyboardist but rather a Musical Arranger. In other words; the Military wants somebody to do the 'dirty' work, ie., Compose, Arrange, Produce, Write, Copy and distribute Sheet Music - you know; - "the technical stuff". Something that the other Band members loath to do so they give it to the Keyboardist, ie., "ARRANGER" to do.

Best regards,
Mike

#154847 - 10/15/03 08:57 AM Re: Full-Time Performance Opportunity
The Pro Offline

Loc: Atlanta, Georgia
Yep - not for us seniors (although as a matter of fact, I was station at Offutt AFB in Nebraska during my enlistment). But do some math and you'll find that even if you did qualify for the top starting salary (unlikely) then you'd be making an average of $138/gig, and even less if you consider rehearsals. I made more than that playing in the area bands in Omaha when I was in the service, and that was in the late 70's! Of course, like many of our brave servicemen today, you could always qualify for food stamps...

#154848 - 10/15/03 11:04 PM Re: Full-Time Performance Opportunity
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
You mean I can't enlist at 48???????
Rats.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online