SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#154751 - 06/08/00 11:19 AM Questions for X1 Users
Beakybird Offline

I started out using a Yamaha PSR-740 during performances, and recently bought the X1 HD with the 13 switch footpedal. I want to switch to the X1, but I have some questions. What's the most efficient way to call up Registrations? Let's say I've stored a few hundred patterns in registration. How can I download it quickly. How can I quickly switch from a chordal instrument to a solo instrument and have the right volume for each? With the PSR-740, there are four large one-touch-setting buttons for each style. These buttons are right next to the keys and easy to get at. The X1 buttons are far away and small. Are there any secrets to this? By the way, when is the video on the X1 coming out? I want it.

Thank you,

Larry of Lisle, Illinois
USA

#154752 - 06/08/00 02:18 PM Re: Questions for X1 Users
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Larry, Hope you get this message since i'm new to this forum. The salesman who made the video for Solton is Dan O'neil and works for THE GUITAR CENTER IN BALTIMORE, MD. You can reach him at 410-821 5200. I'm sure he can help you. Hope this helps you. good luck. BOB LEE

#154753 - 06/08/00 10:03 PM Re: Questions for X1 Users
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Larry,
Let me tell you about a really cool way to call up registrations fast and easy if you have lets say 200 patterns that you've made up and you want to store them in Registrations. Normally, the way most people use them is in the "block Registration mode". This is the default way the keyboard turns on from the factory. For most cased this is good enough. You can store 198 of your favorite set ups including which pattern or style, sounds, effects, split points, tempos, etc. However, it is sometimes difficult to find the registrations you programmed because even though you name them, they never show up in a list, so you might need to write these down somewhere to know exactly where to recall them.
Now, here's the cool way. Turn block registration off and turn single registration on. By doing this, you will not be able to call up registrations from the buttons but rather by seing a list of all the single registrations you have made (up to 999 in one Hard disk folder) and then by scrolling through the list while you are playing a registration you can find and call up the next registration you might need to play instantly. It only takes from wherever you are in the measure to the beginning of the next measure to start the new registration. this way you can find the name of the registration by scrolling through the list or by knowing exactly which registration is at a specific number. I love this mode for live musicians but most players don't even know it exists or have been afraid to try it. In my opinion this is the best way to play registrations.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online