SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#15472 - 10/25/05 11:51 AM Demos for the New Genesys s
to the genesys Offline

I was just wondering if there are any mp3 demos using the features and sounds of the new Genesys S keyboard?

#15473 - 10/25/05 12:05 PM Re: Demos for the New Genesys s
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by to the genesys:
I was just wondering if there are any mp3 demos using the features and sounds of the new Genesys S keyboard?

Hi,

I am planning on putting an updated demo together detailing the new features and sounds of the Genesys 'S" version soon. Please keep an eye on our US website for this. It will take me several weeks to get this done but I will post the links as soon as possible.

Best Regards,

Dave

------------------
Wm. David McMahan
Nat'l Product and Support Manager
Generalmusic USA
GEM Community Forums

#15474 - 10/25/05 04:40 PM Re: Demos for the New Genesys s
to the genesys Offline

WOW! that sounds like a plan.
I will be waiting for it.

Thanks for responding.

#15475 - 12/29/05 08:17 AM Re: Demos for the New Genesys s
to the genesys Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by WDMcM:
Hi,

I am planning on putting an updated demo together detailing the new features and sounds of the Genesys 'S" version soon. Please keep an eye on our US website for this. It will take me several weeks to get this done but I will post the links as soon as possible.

Best Regards,

Dave

Just wanted to know if there are new demos posted?

#15476 - 12/29/05 11:16 AM Re: Demos for the New Genesys s
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by to the genesys:
Just wanted to know if there are new demos posted?

Hi,

Thanks for your continued interest. Unfortunately some other more demanding projects have been keeping me busy but I really do plan on getting this done. With NAMM fast approaching, I doubt that I will be able to accomplish a new demo before heading to Anaheim but if there is any way that I can get to it before then, I will.

Are there any particular questions or features that you are interested in knowing more about? Maybe I can do a short focused video on those for you.

Best Regards,

Dave

------------------
Wm. David McMahan
Generalmusic USA
GEM Community Forums

#15477 - 12/30/05 01:55 AM Re: Demos for the New Genesys s
to the genesys Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by WDMcM:
Hi,

Thanks for your continued interest. Unfortunately some other more demanding projects have been keeping me busy but I really do plan on getting this done. With NAMM fast approaching, I doubt that I will be able to accomplish a new demo before heading to Anaheim but if there is any way that I can get to it before then, I will.

Are there any particular questions or features that you are interested in knowing more about? Maybe I can do a short focused video on those for you.

Best Regards,

Dave

Hay Dave:
No big problem.
I just wanted to hear how the new L+R Mode, Portamento, Legato, MultiPedal Mode, and the new Play List functions.

Well if you are getting ready for NAMN I await to hear about the latest thing from Gem.

#15478 - 12/30/05 10:35 AM Re: Demos for the New Genesys s
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK
Hi there.
WDMcM, is there any truth regarding Gem/Lionstracs working together on some sort of project? I've heard rumours on the grapevine, so if there is a new product coming out with the technology from both companies then I wish you the best of luck.
It would be great to see the sounds and styles of the Genesys working together with the software approach Lionstracs uses. Maybe Gem can get what Lionstracs failed to work working for me? Have a good Namm show.

#15479 - 12/30/05 02:29 PM Re: Demos for the New Genesys s
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Craig_UK:
Hi there.
WDMcM, is there any truth regarding Gem/Lionstracs working together on some sort of project? I've heard rumours on the grapevine, so if there is a new product coming out with the technology from both companies then I wish you the best of luck.
It would be great to see the sounds and styles of the Genesys working together with the software approach Lionstracs uses. Maybe Gem can get what Lionstracs failed to work working for me? Have a good Namm show.

Hello Craig,

I have heard nothing of this.

Dave

------------------
Wm. David McMahan
Generalmusic USA
GEM Community Forums

#15480 - 03/02/06 01:05 PM Re: Demos for the New Genesys s
Bachus Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Craig_UK:
Hi there.

I have been with GEM since my WX2, now 10 years ago, and i have allways loved their approach. Now with the genesys concept on the market for 4 years, i am expecting something new on the frankfurter musik messe later this month.

Now if they are working with Lionstracs i can't guess, but GEM allways works refreshing and with state of the art ideas. so I guess they will sure work with vst plugins like lionstracs or wersi. or even better like

the Muse Receptor : http://www.museresearch.com/

I think this concept has the future, and i know that GEM has allways had an eye for things like this,

My guesses are that they are making a workstation where all instruments are vst instruments. with their own drake instruments (Promega) working as a vst plugin. And their sample player (advanced genesis) as a vst engine.

I don't know if they'll take the linux approach to vst, as many vst instruments need windows DLL's to operate. but i hear that the drake engine is programmed under VX-works, which is a Unix related distro that allows real time processing. So Linux could be possible.

I can't wayt to visit frankfurt by the end of the month, and excuse my bad grammar.

http://keyszone.boards.net

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online