SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#154234 - 09/04/07 06:17 PM opinions needed on the MusicPad Pro
miden Offline

Loc: The World
just wanted to get opinions on the musicpad pro plus..positive or negative doesn't matter, i need to get as much info as possible before committing to a purchase, and from memory i think several synthzoners have them or have tried them...
thanks
dennis

#154235 - 09/04/07 07:02 PM Re: opinions needed on the MusicPad Pro
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
I'm still considering going digital. I know Frank here sells them for a good price.

I'm also considering Virtmus for laptop. It's a free program. I've tried it. It's pretty decent. I would turn the laptop on it's side if I did it this way.
http://virtmus.sourceforge.net/

#154236 - 09/04/07 07:10 PM Re: opinions needed on the MusicPad Pro
miden Offline

thanks scott, i will check it out
dennis

#154237 - 09/04/07 07:13 PM Re: opinions needed on the MusicPad Pro
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
I wouldn't be without mine. I purchased almost 2 years ago at the higher price. As Scott mentioned Frankieve sells that at good price. I depend on lead sheets so for me it works well. After some discussions about using a laptop instead of the MPP,I see that's a very viable option. That could have done the job, but not as well as the MPP does for me. Nevertheless if you have a laptop you may want to experiment with it before buying the MPP.

#154238 - 09/04/07 07:19 PM Re: opinions needed on the MusicPad Pro
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
Thanks for the nod guys,

Call me if you have any questions.

I've been using mine now for over a year, i'll tell you the good and bad points
888-374-6076

#154239 - 09/04/07 08:57 PM Re: opinions needed on the MusicPad Pro
miden Offline

hi frankieve, thanks...i wonder if you could email me instead as the phone call cost would be akin to "E.T.call home!!!" i am in australia..i would be interested in buying one as i am tired of keeping a seperate card box (i use chord cards, about the size of a postcard) and the mpp seems like it might be the go...i really dont want to use the laptop as it is so big and you need it right in front of you as you are performing...my email should you wish to send me some info (appreciate it if you can!!!) is jodenmi@yahoo.com.au
thanks
dennis

#154240 - 09/04/07 09:14 PM Re: opinions needed on the MusicPad Pro
Jerry T Offline

Loc: Phila. 'burbs, Pa. USA
I've been using the MPP for about 2 years. I use it exclusively for lyrics. I wish I didn’t need it at all but since I play a variety of venues, it’s good to be able to call up the lyrics I need with a touch of the screen. I especially like the ‘playlist’ feature. An example – tomorrow I have a stand up show that will include tunes from country to early rock. I made a ‘playlist to correspond with my keyboard registrations/jukebox. I’m able to make a set ‘playlist’ for the several tunes that I for which I need the lyrics. I just touch the screen to “turn the page” (can also be done with a foot pedal). Thursday, it’s night of Italian music – songs performed in Italian. I know that the first hour is kind of quite dinner music so I have a ‘playlist’ and jukebox list for that. After the vino kicks in, it’s more of a party atmosphere and I have corresponding lists – up to 100 tunes per list – all available with the touch of the screen. Upcoming is a gig which calls for mostly oldies dance music and after that a gig with light cocktail jazz and show tunes. Special holiday music I have on a memory stick for when I need it. Like anyone who has been playing for a while, I can pretty much anticipate requests and have the lyrics of those tunes I don’t have memorized planted in a couple of the other ‘playlists’. What’s in the MPP corresponds to about a half dozen binders. If you incorporate memory sticks/thumb drives, the possibilities are unlimited. The unit has a very low profile, and it can be read a line or two at a time and allow me to make eye contact with an audience much like a news reader with a prompter.
Ciao,
Jerry

#154241 - 09/04/07 09:55 PM Re: opinions needed on the MusicPad Pro
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
I like the MusicPad Pro because it allows me to have my complete library of music fakebooks (roomful) at my fingertips any place and anywhere, with the ability to call up any specific song in a matter of a few seconds vs countless minutes it might take to find it looking thru my shelves of music books. The MusicPad offers far more than simply displaying music on a laptop screen alone can. On gigs, I primarily utilize my Tyros2 lyric/chord display feature, so generally keep the MusicPad ready in the background, to satisfy song requests of tunes I don't know. At home, I use it to annotate songs I'm currently working on, as you're able to enter annotation & special performance notes on separate layers similar to the way Adobe Illustrator & Photoshop work, allowing you to easily hide/delete these layers as desired. I also have my song collection custom categorized & stored by style, genre, artist, etc, a great way to pick specific song types to choose from to play on the fly.

My life has revolutionarily changed (for the better) with the MusicPad Pro. My entire music library in one device. No more sheet music to become dogged eared, lost, or to fly away. I still consider the MusicPad Pro the best music related investment I've ever made.

Scott

#154242 - 09/04/07 10:36 PM Re: opinions needed on the MusicPad Pro
miden Offline

cool,thanks guys!!! jerry you mention jukebox, does this mean you can play midi, or WAV/MP3 files from the mpp?
dennis

#154243 - 09/05/07 06:04 AM Re: opinions needed on the MusicPad Pro
Jerry T Offline

Loc: Phila. 'burbs, Pa. USA
I was speaking of the custom list/jukebox on my keyboard and arranger module, but Yes, you can play mp3's from the Music Pad. I have never used it and I think you have to add what they call Premium Tools.
Ciao,
Jerry

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online