SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#154024 - 01/04/05 05:27 PM Re: Don't Cry Daddy!
Tony W Offline

Loc: Lancaster UK
Hi All,
Thanks for the replies. Apologies for the delay in replying but I was stuck at Manchester Airport yesterday for much longer than I anticipated dropping some friends off.

shboom,
I think your idea of an Elvis collage is an excellent idea. All the different styles and interpretations of the musicians here would make it something different and fun. Especially now that the holidays are over .... we need something to buck us up until spring comes along

DJ
Nice to see ya and thanks for listening to my tune I will certainly give your ideas a try. I am hoping that playing covers will give me a little break and some ideas as well. I was/am a little disenchanted because I seemed to fall into the trap of repetitive writing and a lot of my stuff started to sound the same.... well the melodies anyway. The lyrics never tend to be a problem (I've always had a lot to say ) and once I have the opening line the rest seems to write itself. It is the music that gives me problems. I need an Arthur Sullivan to my Gilbert (Oh lord! Now I will be humming 'Three Little Maids' all evening!)

Eddie,
Wow, I have a fan!!! You are definately the number 1 fan... as to my knowledge I have no others It certainly does the ego good though.... Thank you. Am so glad that the song was useful for you as well. When I was younger I seemed to latch on to certain songs and play them over and over, (much to my Mothers annoyance). I thnk that is why I remembered much of this one. I am told that Lisa Marie Presley made a recording of this as a duet with Elvis (much like Natalie did with Nat King Cole). I have never been able to find a copy though. Whe you have recorded your version you must post it for us so that we can ave a listen.

Rich,
Thanks for the listen. I wondered if anyone would notice the chord progression I adore it, I think it sounds so nice and natural. I had better not use it quite so often though if you are all noticing Your comments on my vocals are indeed a compliment coming from a master of the art of singing. Thank you so much.

Eddie (btweengigs)
Thanks for your comments. I don't perform in public myself so I can't blame that but I hear what you are saying. It rather shocked me that I did not want to play at all as music / playing is the only thing I have ever felt passionate about since my schooldays. I never thought I would see a day when I did not want to play. To be honest it frightened me a little as it has always been so important to me in the past (if that makes sense!). At least I am playing again (and more importantly enjoying it too!)

Scott,
Thanks for your comments my friend. It is funny but whenever I record anything now I am obsessed with trying to make the words as clear as possible (precisely because you once advised me that you did not hear every word clearly.) That is what constructive critiques are all about imho. Most of what I know about recording/ phrasing/ and such is only because the folks on here have given advice and (more importantly) solutions. You know I am not one to blow my own trumpet but even I have to admit that when I listen to some of the early stuff I posted in comparison with the later stuff, there is a vast improvement. That is largely down to the advice and support given here at Synthzone. It always amazes me that people like you, busy professional musicians, are quite as patient and nurturing of rank amateurs like myself. Thankyou Scott and all those like you who continue to help and encourage. (Sorry if I embarrased you there but I wanted to say a public Thank you. You are very much appreciated)

Jerry,
Again thanks for the listen. I am glad you enjoyed it. I might start getting a bit bigheaded though if you start handing out 10's just like that (well unless it was 10 out of a hundred of course )

Thanks again everybody
Best wishes
Tony

#154025 - 01/04/05 05:27 PM Re: Don't Cry Daddy!
ChicoBrasil Offline

Loc: Belo Horizonte,Minas Gerais,Br...
Hi Tony.

Great and sensitive performance.
I am waiting for more and more

Cheers
Chico

#154026 - 01/05/05 03:50 PM Re: Don't Cry Daddy!
Tony W Offline

Loc: Lancaster UK
Sorry Chico,
I nearly missed you there!
Thanks very much for the listen and for your kind comments. They are very much appreciated.
Best wishes
Tony

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online