SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#153930 - 01/05/05 07:44 AM Re: Can we all just get along?
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
It's all in the wording.
I get slammed as much as anyone for being sharp tongued, but my comments and responses are always intended to help, educate or entertain.

If we all post with some compassion and tact, (and speak from EXPERIENCE), we'll continue to get a lot done in this great information haven !

Nigel - you're my hero!

#153931 - 01/05/05 08:47 AM Re: Can we all just get along?
SYNTH_GUY Offline

Loc: CT/NY, USA
I just want to say that I didn't intend to get everyone all worked up when posting this tread. I am suprised to see that the culprits that seem to be closed minded even here continue to show their ignorance. Lets be happy that we have a forum where we can either give or recieve advice, even when it is good or bad. Just keep in mind that an opinion is based on personal experience. We all have diferent experiences during our music career, some are at diferent levels of professionalism regardless of how many years in the business, but we all something that can be shared regardless. For those that continue to shed there closed mind opinions, try to understand that we are all diferent types of people and musicians. If you play for 20-100 people versus someone that performs for 200-5000, then your opinion and experiences will be very different.

#153932 - 01/05/05 10:33 AM Re: Can we all just get along?
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Synth Guy, I must be missing something..Who are the "culprits"? I didn't read any comments of ignorance in this post.
The only people that posted here on this topic are Scott, Bill, Squeak ,Boo, Dave, DonM and me[maybe a few more]. Are the culprits on this list?

Please email me and enlighten me.. Let me know what's going on..

#153933 - 01/05/05 11:49 AM Re: Can we all just get along?
royandreno Offline

Loc: Sandnes, Norway
Well you are still giving S-G a hard time.
When it comes to sound it's all about physics, decibels, cones, spread, etc. A lot of this can be learnt by visiting the live adio board http://www.prosoundweb.com/ and go to forums, or by picking up a book at the library.
This means you don't always have to hear the gear to realize it will not be good enough for certain jobs.
I think you guys should back off the slamming of S-G. I support his statements fully.

------------------
Roy-Andrè

#153934 - 01/05/05 12:34 PM Re: Can we all just get along?
SYNTH_GUY Offline

Culprits refer to the individuals that continue to take jabs even though the purpose of this tread was to make members aware that not all of us agree with each others opinions or expertise. Still if you read thru the replies you'll see that the bashing continues. Again I say that this post was not directed to anyone in general but to the general public. After recieving some very surprising and negative emails, I'm reminded why I stopped participating here the last time. I think I'll just do what I've been doing in the past since I stopped posting and check in ounce in a while to read some of the treads. It's been a real!

#153935 - 01/05/05 12:42 PM Re: Can we all just get along?
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I told myself I would stop responding to these things, BUT. . . I don't see anybody bashing you on the forum. I once took exception with your firm stand on the Logitech speakers, because you hadn't used them and because you are obviously performing in far larger venues than a lot of the players here.
I also expressed a desire to hear some of the music you do. But's it's no big deal really.
I am in total agreement that we should all respect each other's points of view and "speak" with respect even when we disagree.
I think you have valuable knowledge that we can learn from and don't want to see you leave.
DonM

#153936 - 01/05/05 01:15 PM Re: Can we all just get along?
royandreno Offline

Loc: Sandnes, Norway
Synth-Guy,
Don't you go anywhere, several here agree with you, me for one.

------------------
Roy-Andrè

#153937 - 01/05/05 01:49 PM Re: Can we all just get along?
SYNTH_GUY Offline

I use to be a participating member under another name and because of the same reasons I stopped posting even though I had made some good friends. The last year I just checked in from time to time to read some of the posts. I prefer to remain a reader. It's displeasing to me to try to give professional advice and get negative remarks. In reference to some remarks that were made questioning my talents and experiences; I am a PRO and wether some believe it or not I could care less. For personal reasons I prefer to remain anonymous. I have played with a famous band in the mid 90's and have done studio work for many artists here in NY. I sure many of you have heard my work. I participated here in the past and joined again now because I happen to like sharing my experiences and technics as well as advise with those that seek it, as many know and have recieved direct emails from me. Since most use PC speakers for gigs or home use. I leave you with some advice on the a new Post. It is my opinion that these are the best PC speakers money can buy. I own them and I have used my Klipsch 4.1 THX speakers for practicing in the past, but now they serve as my sorround sound system in my pool room. Good luck to all and keep the forum going, you never know if the next mozart is amongst getting his feet wet.

#153938 - 01/05/05 02:03 PM Re: Can we all just get along?
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Quote:
Originally posted by SYNTH_GUY:
After reading some of the posts and replies, I have come to the conclusion that if one doesn't agree with the majority or some of the veterans here, they’re in for nasty responses and their qualification gets questioned.

Well, I don't know who you were previously, or why you had to change your registration id, but in looking back over your posts, I've come to the conclusion that your words and tone seem to be very confrontational, destructive, and very personal.

Most people here are positive, creative, and just play fun people. How anyone can not get along with these kind folks is beyond me. I don't agree with them all the time and they me, but we NEVER EVER make it personal.

However, you do seem intent on making it personal. Why don't you chill out, relax, and just take people the way they are and for what they are. It's much healthier.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#153939 - 01/05/05 02:06 PM Re: Can we all just get along?
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Nigel is dead on about one of the main differences between written and spoken messages.

A way to make a point about the differences between between verbal and electronic messages is part of an excercise from Interpersonal Communications.

" I Didn't Tell John You Were Stupid".

If you place the major emphasis on each word, one at a time as you read the sentence, you create a completely different message at each pass.

The emphasis on "I" implies someone else did...

The emphasis on "Tell" means I implied..

And so on...

There is also such an immediate quality in electronic communications that a lot of people (including me) don't spend a lot of time creating the message.

We all mean well...we just need to consider the impact and clarity of our messages.

Russ

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online