SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#153920 - 01/04/05 08:35 PM Re: Can we all just get along?
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Good nite everyone..

#153921 - 01/04/05 09:52 PM Re: Can we all just get along?
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
It's not what you say, or how long you've been here, but HOW you say it that can cause problems. I like everybody. Except Scott of course.
BTW isn't it hard to see a tongue in the cheek over the internet?
DonM

#153922 - 01/05/05 12:08 AM Re: Can we all just get along?
Alone&Forsaken Offline

Yeah dont post stuff like...

-------------------------------------------

SYNTH_GUY

Its clear what your dealing with here and why. Just check out most anyone's profile, their sites, and what they do. For the most part your dealing with some sideshow background low volume arranged cover "artists." That will probably be offended at such a simple observation. I mean heck one of the members here ( that admits they know nothing of sound ) made some half ass PC speaker Vs PRO speaker contrast thread, where he was amazed the crap he used sounded so great and had others like him agree.

If your playing live shows in a full band and writing, your already worlds beyond any of the general public grade advice around here...all in all this place should only serve as a comedy zone with a legion of clowns pleasuring each other for your amusement.

So screw insulting them or not in part, as they have no issue with insulting anyone with their closed minded trite. I mean we have people here that act like they found some keys to the kingdom, then have problems admitting that honest limitations even exist. Where else would you get "these speakers will not work with what your doing, but you should try these magic speakers that will not work with what your doing before you dismiss them."

--------------------------------------------

Cause someone that respects your point of view, could take it the wrong way.

#153923 - 01/05/05 12:13 AM Re: Can we all just get along?
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
BTW isn't it hard to see a tongue in the cheek over the internet?
DonM

Yeah, I wish I had a "tongue in cheek" smilie for people to use We have to remember that text online is not the same as a verbal conversation and sometimes postings can be read in a way that the poster never really intended. Also postings will still be readable 10 years from now and found in search engines like Google unlike spoken words that fade quickly and are only ever heard once. Just keep that in mind when posting.

And the only grouchy old senior member here you don't want to p*** off is me .... just kidding .... it really takes a lot to make me mad I actually enjoy the mix of personalities on the forums. If we were all the same it would be pretty boring.

[This message has been edited by Nigel (edited 01-05-2005).]

#153924 - 01/05/05 12:48 AM Re: Can we all just get along?
royandreno Offline

Loc: Sandnes, Norway
Quote:
Originally posted by squeak_D:
This is without a doubt the best arranger forum on the Web.

Maybe, and I emphasize maybe, the best English speaking based arranger forum. But I know for a fact that arrangers are very popular in Germany, France and Italy, and a lot of the players there post in their own language on those foras. A little humbleness towards members from these countries and others are in place, I think.

------------------
Roy-Andrč

#153925 - 01/05/05 12:57 AM Re: Can we all just get along?
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Quote:
Originally posted by royandreno:
But I know for a fact that arrangers are very popular in Germany, France and Italy, and a lot of the players there post in their own language on those forums.

I am quite open to creating specific foreign language forums here at Synth Zone if I was asked to. The main problem for me is moderating forums that I can't read. I'd really need someone fluent in the particular language to monitor in case of problems.

#153926 - 01/05/05 01:05 AM Re: Can we all just get along?
royandreno Offline

Don't get me wrong Nigel, I think you are running a great forum and my advise is 'don't mess with success'!

My only point is that such bold statements triggers my sense of justice to other fora.

------------------
Roy-Andrč

#153927 - 01/05/05 01:08 AM Re: Can we all just get along?
royandreno Offline

Anyway, what are you doing up at this time of night!!!
At least I'm from Norway and we have living daylight here now!

He-he.

------------------
Roy-Andrč

#153928 - 01/05/05 04:36 AM Re: Can we all just get along?
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Alone&Forsaken:
Yeah dont post stuff like...

SYNTH_GUY

Its clear what your dealing with here and why. Just check out most anyone's profile, their sites, and what they do. For the most part your dealing with some sideshow background low volume arranged cover "artists." That will probably be offended at such a simple observation. I mean heck one of the members here ( that admits they know nothing of sound ) made some half ass PC speaker Vs PRO speaker contrast thread, where he was amazed the crap he used sounded so great and had others like him agree.

If your playing live shows in a full band and writing, your already worlds beyond any of the general public grade advice around here...all in all this place should only serve as a comedy zone with a legion of clowns pleasuring each other for your amusement.

So screw insulting them or not in part, as they have no issue with insulting anyone with their closed minded trite. I mean we have people here that act like they found some keys to the kingdom, then have problems admitting that honest limitations even exist. Where else would you get "these speakers will not work with what your doing, but you should try these magic speakers that will not work with what your doing before you dismiss them."

So, where did the above come from? A search does not show this text.

Rather than post a respose, I'd first like to know where the above came from.

#153929 - 01/05/05 07:06 AM Re: Can we all just get along?
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
WOW .... people up all hours of the night with lots of time on their hands ... too much caffeine maybe?!? ...
... and I believe this all started when someone gave an opinion without even hearing the equipment ... I can understand that someone could look at a PA system and really think that it will not do the job for their particular venue ... but then a BOSE surround sound system doesn't look like much but it can blow you away ...
I think the criticism started when a poster said something to the effect of "... I haven't heard them, but I know they're no good..." How valid an opinion (even if it's only the writer's) can that be ... Opinions should be based on some kind of fact or experience ...
And when someone starts making personal attacks by demeaning "cover artists" who bring joy to hundreds of people a week, one should expect some "ruffled feathers" ...
Peace on Earth and Good Will to Men ...
Keep makin' beautiful music...
t.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online