SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 10 of 10 < 1 2 8 9 10
Topic Options
#153838 - 11/28/06 12:03 AM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation Review
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
In the Mediastation we can upgrade the CPU and Mainboards too.
In normally production we offer for the X-76 Pro and Expanded the AMD Sempron 64bit, 3000+ and in the X-88 the Athlon 64bit, 3000+.
Of course, IF you will spend much more, you ( or we ) can install the Athlon FX, dualcore too, but the cost of the ONLY CPU can be from 600 to 1200 Euro! depend what you will install.

The Pro and Expanded models have the new Case with the BIG PC hole: http://www.lionstracs.com/site/images/pro/x76proback.jpg
there you can se that we are able to install different mainboards too.
The only Standard mediastation can NOT upgrade the mainboard because we made the Case for the Chaintech MB only, BUT you still can upgrade the CPU, shocket A, 32bit only.
We will continue developing under AMD CPU and NOT Intel, so If you will install one Intel CPU, the OS Installer will ignore it.
AMD support a lot the Linux community and help us to resolve bugs OS software.
Intel is like the Microsoft, to much closed and really slow for Help support and drivers updating.
MS and AMD are open, for that we will not porting the MS to close system.

#153839 - 11/28/06 03:03 AM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation Review
Magica Alfa Offline

I had severally times upgraded my MS with new CPU and also I changed motherboard, I reconnected hard disc. I changed also writer to faster. In this way you can change all what you want to change inside.

Also possible thing is ride disc inside. But problematic is space. If you can forget CD than is easy – you can only mount new HD with some small modification.

Here is all possible you must only have idea what to do.

Best regards.

#153840 - 11/28/06 03:28 AM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation Review
richard_shiflet Offline

Loc: Greenwood, SC -USA
Quote:
Originally posted by abacus:
Motherboards last about 2 years before they become obsolete, and so Lionstracs like Wersi will be using a different Motherboard and CPU during its lifetime, (For instance over 6 years ago when Wersi released their OAS instruments, they used a Celeron 533Mhz CPU and 128Mb of PC133 Ram, the latest instruments use a Sempron 3500+ and 1Gb of DDR Ram, which earlier instruments can easily be upgraded to) and that is the beauty of am open system in that you can always keep upgrading both Hardware and Software without having to change the instrument.
Regarding VSTs, be careful as with some (Particularly the Free ones) as little as 2 or 3 used together will Max out your current CPU.
Hope this helps

Bill

Hey Bill,

Is the Sempron 3500+ and 1Gb of DDR Ram you mentioned above the configuration of your keyboard? What Mainboard is installed? Is it a 754 socket or a 939 socket and how far can you upgrade without changing the main board?

Also, when you mentioned that 2 or 3 Vst's could max out your current CPU, I assume you are referring to Vst's that rely heavily on CPU processing power and that the free ones particularly may be designed less efficiently in that respect.

Can you tell me some that you have found to be CPU "hogs" compared to some that are easier on the cpu or does this apply to most all vst's.

Thanks

Richard

#153841 - 11/28/06 03:33 AM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation Review
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
In reference to the Long boot times:

I think this is syptomatic of any PC based workstation as the operating system must load, Vst's must load, etc. etc.

One work around for this is to purchase an Un-interruptible power supply for Live situations. So if some bonehead yanks the power from your keyboard rig, you do not have to re-boot.

I think the Neko has a UPS built internally to address this issue.

I always use one when I play for both the keyboards and the Powered mixer. My powered mixer is especially sensitive to low voltage, so the power conditioner helps maintain constant voltage and protects my equipment.

JMTC
Al

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#153842 - 11/28/06 03:56 AM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation Review
Magica Alfa Offline

This is good solution that is on UPS on stage. Also other equipment is today very sensitive.
I don't know how you are making that on live stage?

Quote:
Originally posted by kbrkr:
In reference to the Long boot times:

I think this is syptomatic of any PC based workstation as the operating system must load, Vst's must load, etc. etc.

One work around for this is to purchase an Un-interruptible power supply for Live situations. So if some bonehead yanks the power from your keyboard rig, you do not have to re-boot.

I think the Neko has a UPS built internally to address this issue.

I always use one when I play for both the keyboards and the Powered mixer. My powered mixer is especially sensitive to low voltage, so the power conditioner helps maintain constant voltage and protects my equipment.

JMTC
Al

#153843 - 12/11/06 12:15 PM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation Review
Dnj Offline

Today with a few hours in between gigs I finally got my hands on a Mediastaion X76 in Frans Studio......I'll tell I was very impressed for sure....This is a serious Workstation that can really do so much All In One...Great quality built, excellent key bed & feel & great rubberized buttons for All your features & needs, nice large Display screen & easy to use menu touch Display screen....The OS is solid and all modes integrate very well with no Lag in between changes......the combinations of use are endless with this unit for sure...for every need there is so much you can do only your imagination is your limit.
Remember this model still is in its older stage and in a few weeks will be fitted with even more incredible things as they become available as Described by Domenic.....
but what was available today was excellent & can only get better, the B4 organs, great pianos, Guitars all sounded very nice and among so many more Gm & Vst sounds....Styles so far have been on par with many units on the market and VERY usable in all varieties......jumping to MP3's or SMF's is a breeze with dedicated buttons on board.....as was any edits imaginable....in about 10 minutes I was comfortable getting around & I now cant wait to try it again very soon with the new installation programs which will take the X76 into another level....with the future improvements always just on the horizon which makes the open architecture systems so exciting all the time.....until next time my friends! Ciao

#153844 - 12/11/06 12:59 PM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation Review
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Here is another bonus, I am watching a movie from the DVD drive in the MS[invinceable]

#153845 - 12/11/06 01:20 PM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation Review
Ensnareyou Offline

Loc: California
Yes, watching a movie on the Mediastation is a nice feature, but most people don't realize its not just a novelty. You can sync video to audio so you could have a live show with video playing at the same time. You could burn a custom DVD of scenes you want to play back along with your music specific to each song. For film composers, you can watch the movie or dailys as you write the score in sync with the picture... There's no need to have an external video playback unit while you are scoring for picture.

The Mediastation also allows you to hook several large monitors to the unit and do mirror imaging. One can be playing videos, the other displaying the MS touch screen. Very cool!

With each update the Mediastation is becoming a true monster workstation arranger. Lionstracs has been diligent in their software support, something to seriously consider when buying any keyboard. Keep up the good work Domenik!

#153846 - 12/14/06 10:45 AM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation Review
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
nice review guys, thanks!
I'm just back from my Turkey distributor, where I have installed the new Linuxsampler 4.0 and the last 5 MS OS updates that you there guys with the MS still don't have...

The new LS 4.0 now allow the MS to play GIGA files is realtime. without preloading mode, like a normally GM sound module, here is the shoot of the editor: http://www.lionstracs.com/store/images/LSampler4.jpg

The Turkey distributor have now about new 40 GIGA oriental styles and about new 60 Giga sounds, for a total of 760Mb Oriental Turkey Soundbank.
I take a small video with one famous turkey musician that work in the Turkey Television: http://www.lionstracs.com/demo/video/2006/oriental1.wmv
Here you can see how they have edited the normally Midi Style under giga format and how we can change giga sounds in the styles without stop the arranger sequencer.
You can see in the video how fast is the Linuxsampler to load new giga sounds of 50-100Mb in realtime. The demo styles is 9 tracks, 4 drumkkits and 5 chords instruments for about a total of 240Mb.
Is not Western music and please...moderate comments and respect other country music too.

Soon I will upload some video with the Vienna symphonic Strings section 4Gb and the Human choir 2Gb. With the Linuxsampler 4.0 we are now allowed to switch the big GIGA files without delay, like a normally GM sounds...

Let us now complete the GIGA soundmap list ( about 1800 GIGA instruments now to choose from the Soundbank) and then we are ready to release officially the new MS ISO 1.4.

I think really soon we are ready to disturbing someone.....

Page 10 of 10 < 1 2 8 9 10

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online