SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 9 10 >
Topic Options
#153758 - 11/10/06 07:59 AM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation Review
Dnj Offline

Jonesboy....I would interested in hearing your experiences with navigation & integrating & switching different modes while playing in real time between Styles/Sounds, SMF, Mp3......lyrics.

#153759 - 11/10/06 09:02 AM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation Review
jonesyboy Offline

So would I ??!!!
I'll certainly let you know how I get on...
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Jonesboy....I would interested in hearing your experiences with navigation & integrating & switching different modes while playing in real time between Styles/Sounds, SMF, Mp3......lyrics.

#153760 - 11/10/06 09:12 PM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation Review
Ensnareyou Offline

Loc: California
Quote:

The navigation of the Mediastation is quite simple and not unlike any other arranger. There are dedicated control buttons for the GM/GS sounds, Organ Sounds, Linux Sampler, MS Synth, Styles, MP3/Audio player, Performance setups, and more. You can also select sounds, styles, and do edits by touching the TFT touch screen. Changing sounds and styles on the fly isn't an issue no matter what sound source you are using i.e. GIGA, GM/GS, MS Synth, or Audio files.

In addition to the dedicated buttons and TFT screen, there are numerous sliders to control envelopes, volumes, organ drawbars, etc. The sliders and corresponding buttons are programmable as well.

The dual MP3/Audio players are a fantastic feature. The real time pitch shift and timestretch allows you to import audio, set the tempo and pitch, and change it on the fly if needed. Imagine having background vocals playing directly from the audio player in perfect sync with your styles and sequences. Need to do a key change but have your recorded background vocals match the key change? No problem, pitch shift it without changing tempo!

With each software update I've seen the Mediastation improve dramatically. Its still not as simple to operate as the Wersi but given the fact Wersi has had a 6+ year jump on everyone else making Open Ended arrangers, that's to be expected. The Mediastation offers an alternative to the Wersi at a much lower price. Current arrangers by Yamaha, Korg, Roland, GEM, Ketron, and others simply aren't in the same league as these two arranger/workstations.

As I've said in previous posts... the Mediastation can be as simple or as complex as you want it to be. I suspect most people who buy a Mediastation will never scratch the surface of what it can do.

#153761 - 11/11/06 06:45 AM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation Review
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
Quote:

Dnj
before i made ome small video demo how the MS booting and how i start play sounds, Mp3, styles, Vst.. http://www.lionstracs.com/demo/video/2006/msbooting.wmv

About the keys feel:
We use the Fatar Top 76keys with Piano feel and aftertouch,TP8/SK, the best 76 keys that fatar produce. I think the PA-X pro use the same too.

About the styles:
maybe you there still don't have understand the MS arranger concept. We use the standard Midifile pattern, like Intro1.mid, Intro2.mid, Var3_min.mid...
This files are standard Export to sequencer mode from EMC style conveter and we can read it in realtime.
Of course you can develope your own styles really easy, because you need a standard PC sequencer connect to one GM module and programmin the all tracks that you like ( up to 16)
IF you use the MS like a sound GM enerator and you save in the midifiles the right program change, bank, Vol... automatically the MS arranger will play it in our sounds palette.

We can also import any brand styles, edited by EMC style converter but of course the style will not sounds the same, because dont give the original sounds palette.
This is the sounds difference from any keyboards, you can copy the same Note line midifile BUT of course played in another sound module will be different.

We have in our page one zip file where you can find some example and seq templates for develope styles.
Do NOT need to have one mediastation keyboard, but just one GM sound module, then with the MS sound editor we can remap all in realtime.

For GIGA styles, we use the PC Gigastudio, in each desidered track we load one GIG Instruments file from our new GIGA soundbank. Then with the sequencer you start to write the Note line tracks connected to the gigastudio midi IN.
When in your PC sequencer the style work how you like, you will export the all midifiles to the mediastation and with the arranger editor we link again in realtime the GIGA instruments used for each tracks.
We can edit again the: Volume, Reverb send, Chorus, Panpot.. untill the all GIG instruments are nice sounds levelled how you like.
Each styles can have UP to 12 sounds presets that you can recall in realtime.

If you dont like use the GIGA, i suggest you to use the Roland Hypercanvas VST and programming the styles there.
the Mediastation wil then reproduce it SAME how you have recorder in the Sequencer.

IF this is not a open system, then let me know what we have to change for developing styles more easy.

#153762 - 11/11/06 08:03 PM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation Review
richard_shiflet Offline

Loc: Greenwood, SC -USA
Domenik,

It's good to know that you have used a top quality "Fatar" keybed for the X-76. It looks like you have gone "First Class" on all mediastation models. I also think that providing the "Style Making" package was a good idea, thanks.

Mark,

I can't wait to hear your first impressions of your Mediastation!

Richard

[This message has been edited by richard_shiflet (edited 11-11-2006).]

#153763 - 11/11/06 11:42 PM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation Review
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Actually if you open up any European keyboard, you will find that in 99% of cases it will be a Fatar keybed that is used; also you dont get many complaints about the key feel of most European keyboards.

Bill

#153764 - 11/12/06 01:51 AM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation Review
jonesyboy Offline

As soon as I get it - I'll post initial thoughts. Hopefully get it this week - fingers crossed!
Mark
Quote:
Originally posted by richard_shiflet:
Domenik,

It's good to know that you have used a top quality "Fatar" keybed for the X-76. It looks like you have gone "First Class" on all mediastation models. I also think that providing the "Style Making" package was a good idea, thanks.

Mark,

I can't wait to hear your first impressions of your Mediastation!

Richard

[This message has been edited by richard_shiflet (edited 11-11-2006).]

#153765 - 11/13/06 12:42 AM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation Review
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
Ciao Mark
Your MS is already shipped today at 10.25AM
be patience some days more... http://www.lionstracs.com/guest/mark/mark4.JPG http://www.lionstracs.com/guest/mark/mark5.JPG http://www.lionstracs.com/guest/mark/2xMS.JPG

The other MS-88 Pro, the big box, is for another USA client, your MS is in the Gator case carton.
cheers

#153766 - 11/13/06 03:23 AM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation Review
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
Congratulations, Mark! A couple more days and you'll be proud owner of a Mediastation. We'll all be awaiting your upcoming reviews.

Domenik, thanks for the pics, especially the first one. The Mediastation looks stunning.

Taike

#153767 - 11/13/06 03:35 AM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation Review
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Wow Mark, that must be exciting for you; a photo of your keyboard just before it goes to shipping. How many manufacturers would do that?

Congratulations on your new keyboard...we want a full report, so get your word processor ready.

Regards,
Al

------------------
Al Giordano
www.al-giordano.com

Tyros 2, Yamaha P-250, Korg Triton Extreme 76, Roland VK8-M, DW Collectors Series Drums

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 9 10 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online