SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#152954 - 08/28/06 02:39 PM Re: 'Does anyone have the need for a drink whilst they perform?'
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
T42 I censored myself

#152955 - 08/28/06 02:40 PM Re: 'Does anyone have the need for a drink whilst they perform?'
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I always made it a policy to never drink when I work. I can't wait until Jan.1 when Louisiana starts the No Smoking law.
DonM

#152956 - 08/28/06 02:42 PM Re: 'Does anyone have the need for a drink whilst they perform?'
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
Donny I have seen no drop off because of the no smoking band...They have learned to accept it...as we had to endure the smoke reak for so many years...It is the best thing to happen in my playing world..

Fran most blood & guts saloons are dead a round here I've talked to many bartenders who have took a big hit in income from missing their regulars .....these people are drinker & smokers....you take that away and you make them look for other places to enjoy their vices....New Jersey is tough on this law & just wait till it gets brutally cold where they cant even go out back & smoke ....not sure about your state in PA?

#152957 - 08/28/06 02:42 PM Re: 'Does anyone have the need for a drink whilst they perform?'
Fran Carango Offline

Don they say Jan 1st for PA too..I have my fingers crossed..

#152958 - 08/28/06 02:43 PM Re: 'Does anyone have the need for a drink whilst they perform?'
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
I always made it a policy to never drink when I work. I can't wait until Jan.1 when Louisiana starts the No Smoking law.
DonM

Don.....eventually ALL STATES will be NO SMOKING ANYWHERE......its good for some & bad for others.

#152959 - 08/28/06 02:49 PM Re: 'Does anyone have the need for a drink whilst they perform?'
Fran Carango Offline

Donny I enjoyed the ban in NJ during the cold weather..They just went outside[25 feet from the entrance] and smoked....quickly I might add....This was at Alpe's in Wildwood, NJ...

The night the band started ..the patrons ten minutes before the ban[midnight] lined cigs in there mouth 3 or 4 at a time...lit up and smoked up the place ...unbelievable...what a wreak....They are use to it now...and actually a lot of others come in now because of the ban....works both ways..

#152960 - 08/28/06 02:57 PM Re: 'Does anyone have the need for a drink whilst they perform?'
Dnj Offline

Years ago I remember doing shows where I couldn't even SEE the audience, the smoke was so thick....all I could see was the colored stage flood lights thru a mist & fog!!!plus my gear would gum up after a while too YUK!!!

#152961 - 08/28/06 02:58 PM Re: 'Does anyone have the need for a drink whilst they perform?'
Fran Carango Offline

Donny it gives our friends and love ones another reason to kick the habit...it has no redeeming qualities...And they [and us] will live longer...

I just hope the youth here in the US would get smarter, and not light up that first weed....and the vast majority are the girls...what a shame...

It has nothing to do with peer pressure...but they justify it to themselves..."keeps me calm"...."keeps me from eating" etc..

What they should think is.."it keeps a nice guy from wanting to be around me"...

#152962 - 08/28/06 03:00 PM Re: 'Does anyone have the need for a drink whilst they perform?'
Dnj Offline

Funny people worry about smoking in bars ....meanwhile the're all sitting around drinking

#152963 - 08/28/06 03:07 PM Re: 'Does anyone have the need for a drink whilst they perform?'
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
PA better hurry up with the No Smoking ordinance soon.

Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
I can't wait until Jan.1 when Louisiana starts the No Smoking law.

California's law of NO SMOKING in ALL Public Places (not just bars & restaurants) has been in effect for 12 years already. We take pride as leading the rest of the Country on environmental health issues. Luckily, I only had to endure 3 years of performing & singing in smoke filled bars. I can't imagine having to endure that again.

Scott

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online