SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#152634 - 01/21/07 04:01 PM My Soprano Sax (Side by side comparsion)
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Here's a side by side comparison of the soprano sax I tweeked. Folks I started with the most dull and lifeless soprano sax you could use "The GM soprano sax".

The first half is the sound I started with (boy is it awful and dull). I just selected the sound and played. The second half plays the same melody but with my edited version of it. Keep in mind this is an edited version of the GM soprano sax--not the preset soprano sax. I think the difference is "night and day". I'll be getting a new volume pedal (very soon) so I'll have better control of the sound.

IT'S IN MP3 FORMAT I forgot to convert the last demo "sorry".
http://www.esnips.com/doc/8c730c06-cff9-4646-a23c-00f859cba795/Soprano-Sax
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#152635 - 01/21/07 04:22 PM Re: My Soprano Sax (Side by side comparsion)
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
Hi Squeak,

The second half is definitely more expressive then the first half. Like you say, the difference is "night and day". I like what I'm hearing. I do envy your knowledge when it comes to editing.

Let's see what other SZers think. Come on, guys, let's hear it.

#152636 - 01/22/07 04:35 AM Re: My Soprano Sax (Side by side comparsion)
squeak_D Offline

Thanks Taike! I've gotten some questions regarding how I made this voice. I wanted to say that the Yamaha users with PSR's may have a problem with one section of creating voices like this.

If I remember correctly many of Yamaha's voices "self modulate", and that is "fixed" within the voice and uneditable. This will be a conflict when adjusting LFO (rate, speed, and delay).

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 01-22-2007).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#152637 - 01/22/07 05:26 AM Re: My Soprano Sax (Side by side comparsion)
CoasterTim Offline

Loc: Allentown, PA, USA
Squeak,
Thanks for the sop.sax advice. I played a solo live with a live band in church yesterday (bass, drums, MotifES, el.guit., and me on my PSR3000) I took your advice in regard to 'breathing' and expression, using a mono version of the 'sweet soprano sax'. It went well. Even got some compliments after the service. It was fun! Thanks.
Tim

-----------------------------------------------------------
YAMAHA CVP-509 / Korg Pa300

#152638 - 01/22/07 05:34 AM Re: My Soprano Sax (Side by side comparsion)
squeak_D Offline

You're more than welcome Tim. Glad it worked out for ya I even realized that I forgot to adjust one parameter in the finished voice. I forgot to adjust the LFO Delay... Had to go back and fix that.

#152639 - 01/22/07 08:37 PM Re: My Soprano Sax (Side by side comparsion)
George V Offline

Loc: Sofia
Squeak,

Incredible result. It resembles the sweet voice quite well.

Regards,

George

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online