SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#152522 - 09/12/03 09:06 PM Re: Casio launching new products at NAMM
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
The zpi saxes were the best sounds of the MZ2000, and the velo alto sax is the best sax patch I've ever heard on any board period ( for my tastes of course ) . I rememeber the pianos as being somewhat weak and I did not care for the drums of the MZ as much as I do those on the PSR / PA80 series boards.

I remember liking one or two of the organ sounds and the distorted guitars a lot too on the MZ, and the patch editing power it had. If the sounds on the 3000 are similar to the ones from the MZ, there will be some good ones. I just never liked the styles much and some of the other sounds weren't to my liking either. Casio packed a ton of features in it though.

AJ

#152523 - 09/13/03 09:04 AM Re: Casio launching new products at NAMM
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
I have to agree with AJ.. The ZPI saxes were really good.. I too felt the velo sax on the MZ was one of the best I've ever heard. The pianos weren't too bad either, and were much better than the traditional Casio. The drums weren't as crisp as they could have been... It did have better kits for dance and techno... Yamaha needes to update those kits on the PSR line.... The MZ did have good voice editing. Even better voice editing than the PSR2000/2100.. That's because you can edit everything too from velocity curves, and so on.. Plus you can have 4 elements per voice. I'd like to try the new 3000/3500... I'm sure radio shack will be getting their version of the 3000 in stock soon.....

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#152524 - 09/14/03 08:30 AM Re: Casio launching new products at NAMM
tom moon Offline

Loc: Haddonfield, NJ, USA
hey supercars, how's the sequencer on that Casio?
played it in the store recently and was very surprised by the stock sounds: they're better than usable. looked like only a 6-trk sequencer but I didn't dive into it at all.

thanks for the insights...

#152525 - 09/16/03 04:10 PM Re: Casio launching new products at NAMM
supercars03 Offline

Loc: MIssouri
i think that the sequencer are fine. you can either real-time record or step record. Both are find but i don't use them to play a song really i just use it to record little here and there. To make a song the only way to do it is on a cumputer programe were you can make change and the tempos right and other stuff. Angain i think that there sequencer are ok not the best. The step record are ok if you want to make a real song in right tempo. But the real-time record is just fun.

#152526 - 09/17/03 05:21 AM Re: Casio launching new products at NAMM
svpworld Offline

Loc: UK
Casio are getting there slowly, their voices are definitely improving but still lack the character, warmth and feel of yamaha. most of all though they need to hire some international style programmers, as so far all the presets have a rather oriental tin box feel. Subtlety is not the word! I did for a short while own a WK1200 and enjoyed it, great value for money, but other than a few synth sounds I found the voices thin. Styles though were dreadful, though I am sure things have come a long way since then.......... But I still love my Casio VL1 !!!!

Simon

------------------

forum.svpworld.com - No adverts, No spam, No nonsense!
share your music, get help and advice, make new friends! All platforms invited!!

#152527 - 09/17/03 01:50 PM Re: Casio launching new products at NAMM
supercars03 Offline

Loc: MIssouri
I agree with svpworld 100% although i think that only Yamaha's AWM sound are a little warmer and better than the wk-3000. However, i don't think that Yamha's GM sounds better than the casio ZPi sounds.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online