SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#152481 - 04/15/02 09:26 PM PSR2000 Tutorials
Joe Waters Offline

Loc: Sterling, VA USA
I'm a little hesitant to even mention this here, with so many professionals in the forum and users with years and years of experience playing keyboards. But in some of the Yamaha forums, I had promised to put together some simple tutorials on how to do some style fine tuning on the PSR2000, particularly for styles converted from other keyboards. I have done so and put them in a web site I created, really, for beginners just trying to figure out how to use their PSR2000. I've drafted lessons on the Balance Control, the Mixing Console, and Finer Tuning of Volumes, that is, adjusting the volumes (and/or instruments) independently in each variation of a style. If anyone is interested in checking it out, here is the URL:
http://pages.prodigy.net/watersj/Yamaha2K/index.html

I trust there will be some 2000 owners who find the tutorials useful.

#152482 - 04/16/02 02:00 AM Re: PSR2000 Tutorials
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Excellent work Joe!
DonM

#152483 - 04/16/02 02:35 AM Re: PSR2000 Tutorials
LindaFus Offline

Loc: Ledyard, CT USA
Joe,

I am one of those beginners and I know there are more of me on here someplace! This is wonderful! I will be using your sight everyday!
Great work!

-Linda

#152484 - 04/16/02 04:53 AM Re: PSR2000 Tutorials
BruceM Offline

Loc: New Bern, N.C., USA
Excellent work Joe...and much needed. Are you working on the other links now? (Styles, voices, etc.)??...Bruce

#152485 - 04/16/02 06:10 AM Re: PSR2000 Tutorials
Joe Waters Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by BruceM:
Excellent work Joe...and much needed. Are you working on the other links now? (Styles, voices, etc.)??...Bruce

I had originally sketched this site out with a section on Styles and Voices, but haven't had time to put them together. If one has the PSR2000, you know what styles and voices are there, although there are some useful documents that have been done, such as a listing of styles by preset tempos, that could be useful. In addition, I would like to provide links to available styles that have been tuned specifically for the PSR2000 and include OTS. We'll see how it grows over time.

#152486 - 04/16/02 08:12 AM Re: PSR2000 Tutorials
Anonymous
Unregistered

Joe...
This is a marvelous and very ambitious piece of work that shows a great deal of study, dedication and love of the instrument. Hobbyists and pros alike can learn from your clear step-by-step explanations.

I look forward to the development of your tutorials as you go along and highly recommend them to ANYone who is considering getting or already has this great keyboard.

Eddie

#152487 - 04/16/02 05:21 PM Re: PSR2000 Tutorials
jedi Offline

Loc: Merrimack, N.H.
Hi Joe,
Thank you for your web-site it will get alot of "hits" BIG HELP IMHO- the manual for the 2000 is very poorly written, and "Yamaha" should have done a better job. I`m looking forward to your web-site for help and ideas GEE I wonder why Yamaha couldn`t do what you did for there customers
jedi

#152488 - 04/27/02 04:36 PM Re: PSR2000 Tutorials
Joe Waters Offline

I just wanted to send out a quick note to let you know I've added several new sections to the PSR2000 tutorial site.
http://pages.prodigy.net/watersj/Yamaha2K/

There is now a section on VOICES and on REGISTRATIONS. Neither one is complete yet; I anticipate adding more pages to both sections. In the registrations section, I explain not only how to save registrations, but provide examples of how these registration files can be used. One section has examples of registrations set up by Richard Peck that he uses when performing various songs. Another focuses on the registrations set up to put common style categories together, like a set of 8 waltz styles all in one registration file. I plan to add a section on how to set up registration for favorite voices that can be used no matter what style is loaded.

Anyone have some favorite setups they want to contribute? Feel free to send them along or point out where you may have already uploaded them and we can see about adding them to the site.

#152489 - 04/27/02 05:49 PM Re: PSR2000 Tutorials
Richard Peck Offline

Loc: Tucson, AZ USA
Kudos to Joe for his fine piece of work. It's too bad the world doesn't run on the same level of sharing. If it did, it would be a different place. I was flattered to see my small efforts included on the Registration page. With the settings provided the creative user will find 100's of songs. The wonder of it all is the sounds and rhythms are already in the board, just begging to be used. Keep up the good work Joe!

Thank you,

Richard Peck

#152490 - 04/28/02 01:47 AM Re: PSR2000 Tutorials
Beakybird Offline

Thank you Joe! I didn't think I would learn anything by looking at your site, but I did. I discovered why I sometimes get unwanted drum notes when I use style creator. I need to set rhythm record to off. I thought it was a bug that I was getting those unwanted notes.

Larry

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online