SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#152449 - 09/24/07 03:31 PM Help, THUMB DRIVE PROBLEMS....Hmmmmmmm?
Dnj Offline

I bought a 8g thumb drive .....its works fine on my PC but not on the Pa800.....I loaded 1600 mp3's into 3 folders via my PC to play in the PA800....when I tried to open them in the KB song mode I see the 3 folders but when trying to open them It only read 44 songs in one folder which all play fine the two others folders were empty all songs were gone......when I put the thumb drive back in the PC all songs were erased except 44 in folder #1!!! I tried this 4 different times Argggggg!

something is not right.....any ideas?

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 09-24-2007).]

#152450 - 09/24/07 05:35 PM Re: Help, THUMB DRIVE PROBLEMS....Hmmmmmmm?
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
Hello,

I would make a few Folders perhaps categorizing the MP3s, and so on, some keyboards like the PA800, PSR S900 have limitations in HOW many items/files are inside a SINGLE folder, so, my sugestion is to make several folders, I would consider to include some 200s files per folder, it will help you to find files eaiser by category, like: instrumental, dance, jazz, latin, medleys, Rock&Roll, Country, etc. Instead of scrooling to a single list of 1600 files.
I hope it helps you. ;o)

#152451 - 09/24/07 06:35 PM Re: Help, THUMB DRIVE PROBLEMS....Hmmmmmmm?
miden Offline

Loc: The World
donny its because of the old windows limitation of the number of files that can be written in the root directory of the drive ..you will need to create folders to store that many, no limits on how many can go in a folder so if you just wanted one, say, donny's songs, ALL of your mp3's would go there..
cheers
PS on the PA800 system btw, XP does not seem to have issues that way...from memory,i think korg utilise DOS but in their own way, vis-a-vis you can now load long file names..couldnt on the earlier op systems for the pa1xpro

[This message has been edited by miden (edited 09-24-2007).]

#152452 - 09/24/07 08:03 PM Re: Help, THUMB DRIVE PROBLEMS....Hmmmmmmm?
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by mdorantes:
Hello,

I would make a few Folders perhaps categorizing the MP3s, and so on, some keyboards like the PA800, PSR S900 have limitations in HOW many items/files are inside a SINGLE folder, so, my suggestion is to make several folders, I would consider to include some 200s files per folder, it will help you to find files eaiser by category, like: instrumental, dance, jazz, latin, medleys, Rock&Roll, Country, etc. Instead of scrooling to a single list of 1600 files.
I hope it helps you. ;o)

Manuel what are you using on your Pa800 HD? thumb?

I tried the folder thing separating songs with 99 in each and it will only read the first two.....when I try to open the others they are EMPY....maybe the 8g thumb drive is bad for the korg

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 09-24-2007).]

#152453 - 09/24/07 08:06 PM Re: Help, THUMB DRIVE PROBLEMS....Hmmmmmmm?
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by miden:
donny its because of the old windows limitation of the number of files that can be written in the root directory of the drive ..you will need to create folders to store that many, no limits on how many can go in a folder so if you just wanted one, say, donny's songs, ALL of your mp3's would go there..
cheers
PS on the PA800 system btw, XP does not seem to have issues that way...from memory,i think korg utilise DOS but in their own way, vis-a-vis you can now load long file names..couldnt on the earlier op systems for the pa1xpro

I created folders on my pc not on the keyboard & it doesn't work.....do I need to create folders on the KB first?

#152454 - 09/24/07 10:57 PM Re: Help, THUMB DRIVE PROBLEMS....Hmmmmmmm?
miden Offline

Loc: The World
donny, when i had my pa800 i used a 1 gig thumb drive with all my midi files (about 500 odd) in one folder on the actual thumbdrive and the pa loaded from it with no dramas..so going on my experience the pa800 should just recognise your thumb drive as just another data device....its an odd problem sure enough...the old korg op systems allowed you to format floppies and the hard drive from the keyboard, does the PA800 have this in its disk utility menu? if so try foramtting the thumb drive on the PA and then re-copy all the folders across and see what happens..pita i know, but it might be the only way???
dennis

#152455 - 09/25/07 12:17 AM Re: Help, THUMB DRIVE PROBLEMS....Hmmmmmmm?
mdorantes Offline

Hi everyone:

I use a Thumb drive in my PA800, I have not installed the HD, I do not think I would have use for, since I use also the T2 and that one has the HD and 1 Gig on Memory.
I think that the PA 800 problem you have, maybe due to the size of the file too, the number of file per Folder and also what size your MP3s are....I would need to make some experiments.
By the way, I supposed that you have installed the MP3 board...I have not, YET.....how much did you pay for?....and, did you install it yourself?.
Keeping in touch.

#152456 - 09/25/07 01:27 AM Re: Help, THUMB DRIVE PROBLEMS....Hmmmmmmm?
mdorantes Offline

Hi everyone:

I use a Thumb drive in my PA800, I have not installed the HD, I do not think I would have use for, since I use also the T2 and that one has the HD and 1 Gig on Memory.
I think that the PA 800 problem you have, maybe due to the size of the file too, the number of file per Folder and also what size your MP3s are....I would need to make some experiments.
By the way, I supposed that you have installed the MP3 board...I have not, YET.....how much did you pay for?....and, did you install it yourself?.
Keeping in touch.

#152457 - 09/25/07 02:36 AM Re: Help, THUMB DRIVE PROBLEMS....Hmmmmmmm?
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by mdorantes:

Hi everyone:

Keeping in touch.

Manuel,

Hi,

Yes I have the EXBP DUAL Mp3 card installed on my PA800 its WONDERFUL !!!
It cost approx $225.00 - $250.00.....I installed it myself in about 5 minutes, its simple remove two screws from the rear plate panel...attach two wires to the card, & replace the two screws again...that's it.
It reads & plays MP3, SMF, KAR, TEXT etc TWO AT A TIME so you can segway between both media formats using the slider ....
and you can RECORD also. I Highly recommend getting one asap.

Its possible there is a limitation to the thumb drive size I have no problems with my smaller ones 512, 1G etc ....

#152458 - 09/25/07 02:39 AM Re: Help, THUMB DRIVE PROBLEMS....Hmmmmmmm?
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by miden:
donny, when i had my pa800 i used a 1 gig thumb drive with all my midi files (about 500 odd) in one folder on the actual thumbdrive and the pa loaded from it with no dramas..so going on my experience the pa800 should just recognise your thumb drive as just another data device....its an odd problem sure enough...the old korg op systems allowed you to format floppies and the hard drive from the keyboard, does the PA800 have this in its disk utility menu? if so try foramtting the thumb drive on the PA and then re-copy all the folders across and see what happens..pita i know, but it might be the only way???
dennis

Dennis the pA800 has no problem recognizing the thumb drive....I would assume its a folder & file size problem.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online