SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#152410 - 01/16/02 03:50 PM Solton
Markus Offline

Loc: Germany
Hi there,
it has been a long time that I posted a message at this forum unless I more or less followed it keenly. Last week I spoke to my dealer because I was having problems with my Solton MS 100. During our talk he mentioned that GEM and Solton have merged. This may mean that the Solton product-line will not be followed any longer. It will most obviously be the WK line which will be further developed whereas the Solton prducts especially the SD1 isn't to be continued.
I am not absolutelty sure about these rumours and I just wanted to let you guys know because over the last years a strong interest in Solton seemed to have developed in the States. Maybe it is not true at all. Anyway - I will let you know after the Frankfurt Fair.

Greetings from Germany
Markus

PS.:
Who has a text file of the song "City of New Orleans". We used to sing a German version of it. But I am very tired of it because the lyrics don't make any sense.

#152411 - 01/16/02 04:59 PM Re: Solton
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
I don't think so my friend !
" Solton" name is not being used to market Ketron products . There is a German audio company called SOLTON . KETRON was having problems with using the Solton name .
No more "solton " products from KETRON ! GEM and the german company Solton may have merged . GEM ( general music) recently lost distribution with PEAVEY here in the USA. GEM is and has been looking for ways to market and distribute more of there products . It would not surprise me if they joined forces with the German company !
I will know very soon ! 24 hours ! dano

#152412 - 01/16/02 05:36 PM Re: Solton
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I will send the lyrics to you.
DonM

#152413 - 01/16/02 08:27 PM Re: Solton
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
The company called "Solton" in Germany is a distributor of musical products. Years ago this company hired the engineers from Ketron (a new company which had designers and owners leave other Italian manufactures) to build keyboard which would be sold by Solton. That's where the name on Solton products comes from (Solton by Ketron). Ketron agreed to place the Solton name on their Ketron products. Last year, Solton (the distributor in Germany) wanted to carry and sell lower priced keyboards which Ketron wasn't able to provide them and they went to Generalmusic, makers of lower and higher priced keyboards, and worked out an agreement to sell Generalmusic products as well. This wasn't to Ketron's liking because of their long relationship as the sole provider of Ketron products to Solton. So now you know the rest of the story as to why Ketron no longer uses the Solton name on the SD1 keyboard and the connection between Solton(Germany) and Generalmusic. No way is there any merger between any keyboard manufactures in Italy.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#152414 - 01/17/02 01:17 PM Re: Solton
Markus Offline

Loc: Germany
Hello friends out there,

thanks for your enlightening and competent comments and your information on the topic. I did not know most of the things you wrote me.
A special thanks to yo Don for the immediate delivery of the file.
Yours Markus

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online