SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#15206 - 08/15/06 11:35 AM XP latest news update
Giovanni Offline

Loc: Norwich Norfolk England
Hi Folks , Had another visit from Dave Sadler of Jack White Music .
As I had lost the two number voice settings in the right hand which had been assigned to track 1 & 8 .
Left hand strings for chords to track 7.
plus reset 6 way multi pedal.

Unable to activate the harmony function (technics call it Technichord)
which should work from pressing chord button on the bass of my Concerto which will then play a harmony on a single note played in the treble right hand of the concerto . unable to sort out so all settings saved to autoload (a new folder)
whilst we await the return of Dave McMahan fom his holiday .

Thats my news what about you folks !!!!!

regards ......Giovanni

PS is any one experiencing trouble removing a CD from the disk drive (or is it just me !!!)

#15207 - 08/15/06 02:58 PM Re: XP latest news update
sonola Offline

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA USA
Yes, I also have had trouble getting the CD to eject by pressing the button on the tray door. There is a CD Eject command that you can find after hitting the "Disk" button, then selecting CD and under "Utilities" you will see "CD Eject" as the top selection of three options displayed. Make sure it is hilited then hit the Enter button. I have had my XP for several months and am learning to use with a Roland FR-7 V-Accordion, which I bought at that same time. I am hoping to soon be able to buy the XP Multi-pedal unit, which is presently unavailable. I'm following your progress with great interest, as you might suspect. Thanks for the updates.

#15208 - 08/16/06 02:25 AM Re: XP latest news update
donpatt Offline

Loc: Lufkin, TX.
Hi XP Owner's,

Good show on recovery of the settings for Concerto and XP. Obviously, there is a communicationn problem between the Concerto and XP regarding the HARMONY function. I wonder if you've tried assigning that function to the pedals??

SPEAKING OF PEDALS! First Giovanni, Dave Sadler found a six-pedal unit for me and is sending it as we speak. GOOD JOB DAVE!!!

To the NEW member (SONOLA), sorry I don't know your name, the six-pedal units are supposedly on order by Generalmusic US. They should arrive at least by September. There are several of us waiting for them. I'm told that if you call GEM US and give them a credit card they will get one for you. I've done this. I don't know how many they exxpect in this shipment.

I've not had any particular trouble with the CD player other than to say the drawer doesn't open very far no matter which eject function is used. Reminds me of the CD on a laptop computer.

Best Regards,
Don

P.S. I edited this message because I left out the apostrophe! SORRY ABOUT THAT!

[This message has been edited by donpatt (edited 08-16-2006).]

#15209 - 08/16/06 09:15 AM Re: XP latest news update
Mainer Offline

Loc: Saco, Me
[QUOTE]Originally posted by donpatt:
[B]Hi XP Owners,

" I've not had any particular trouble with the CD player other than to say the drawer doesn't open very far no matter which eject function is used. Reminds me of the CD on a laptop computer."

I've still not had much of a chance to use my XP since my move. If my memory serves me correctly I remember having to get out of the file menu to extract an inserted DVD/CD.

Jerry

#15210 - 08/16/06 11:04 AM Re: XP latest news update
Jerry T Offline

Loc: Phila. 'burbs, Pa. USA
Hello All,
Just wanted to keep in touch. I ordered 2 sets of foot pedals from GEM U.S.
My XP is currently at the GEM office as I had a sound output problem. The service manager tried to troubleshoot the problem by phone but couldn't come up with a remedy and suggested that I send it to him. I'm disappointed, I thought that I would be gigging with it by now. Have any of you guys used it on a job yet?
Ciao,
JerryT
P.S. I had the same problem with the CD drawer and found that if I inserted my finger nail into the bottom of the drawer, and gave a gentle lift as I pushed the release, it opened.

#15211 - 08/16/06 01:04 PM Re: XP latest news update
Giovanni Offline

Loc: Norwich Norfolk England
Hi Guys and welcome to "Sonola"
Thanks for your replies regarding the CD tray opening .
I could'nt even get it to open so thanks for the step by step guide !!
I've printed the instruction out for future reference .

How about telling us about the Roland Fr midi accordion and it's set up to the XP module . (I've heard the Roland ,it's a good accordion )

Sorry to read that Jerry T has a sound problem with his ,I hope it soon gets sorted .
I've not gigged with mine yet because it is not set up entirely to my satisfaction !!
So I'm still using my work horse of 19years the Elkavox 83 midi accordion and my smac 1200 module .
I'm not at all happy with the test conversions of my Glenn miller styles from Technics to Gem "very disappointing" and would not dare use them on a gig !! but it is early days with this XP module and as you know the harmony section is not working and the Miller sound does rely heavily on this set up to get the right sound !!
Does anyone on this site have any first class Glenn Miller styles and sounds for the GEM range that they are willing to share !! please .
Our friend Mainer, good to know you are ok and still getting over the house move .

Don ,thanks for yor advice re channel assignment, I'm hoping it will get sorted sometime next week .
I'm glad Dave Sadler has managed to sort you a 6 way pedal !! he is a genuine good guy.

regards to you all ....Giovanni

#15212 - 08/16/06 06:00 PM Re: XP latest news update
sonola Offline

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA USA
Giovanni, as you may know, the Roland FR-7 accordion is all digital and when played alone plays a wide range of sampled sounds thru its onboard amp/speaker system. When the FR-7 accordion is connectd to its foot pedal unit, it can then be connected to the Genesys XP with both a midi cable and left and right 1/4-inch mono cables. In this way, the FR-7 is a midi controller and its internal sounds are amplified thru the XP. So far, I have set the XP to the accordion 1 setup, with the right hand on channel 1, the bass on 2 and chords on 3. I have only used the preset styles and corresponding instrument settings defined in the presets and play along in arranger mode, with the FR-7 playing whatever sounds I set from its sound banks. The use of an arranger module is all new to me and I'm still early in the learning curve. As far as Glenn Miller styles, have you loaded the USER styles that came with the installation CD? There is a Miller Band style that has some really good presets.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online