SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#152097 - 03/07/05 03:57 PM Re: psr3000 -Problems or just getting used to it?
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
RR,

I would hold off on the updates. Too many horror stories about blue screens, lock-ups, etc, and most of all, the list of advantages really don't seem to be advantages for most of us to take the chance. The old saying "If it ain't broke--don't fix it" may really be the best route to take. Try the settings I posted and see if they don't make a big difference.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#152098 - 03/07/05 07:57 PM Re: psr3000 -Problems or just getting used to it?
John_CA Offline

Loc: Kern county, CA, USA
RicRob,

I didn't run all the tests myself since I don't have the need to, everything seems to be doing ok (knock on wood) except for one instrument sound and I don't care much for that one anyway.

I tried 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 14 and 67 to 71. Number 7 gives a tone going up and eventually says TG1 check. Number 14 gives a steady tone and I ended it myself and it says Check. Number 69 takes awhile but comes up with OK. I tried 28, but only on the left side all led's came on, nothing right of the display, don't know if that's normal, but they do work in normal mode. Other numbers, I haven't tested.

But I can see that a pedal test would "hang" if there is no pedal connected, same goes for USB or card check if nothing is connected to it.

As far as the OS goes, mine's 1.01, but like Gary says, I don't see the need for an upgrade, I'm not about to download their high priced songs anyway, and I don't find any info that anything else major would be changed.

I don't know nothing about the vocalizer since my PSR1500 doesn't have that.

Roy

#152099 - 03/07/05 09:24 PM Re: psr3000 -Problems or just getting used to it?
Beakybird Offline

The upgrade is fine. I've been performing with it without problem. But I notice no differences in operation.

Beakybird

#152100 - 03/13/05 05:29 PM Re: psr3000 -Problems or just getting used to it?
RicRob Offline

Loc: Bethlehem, PA, USA
Just wanted to post an update and final on this subject.
Thanks to all who responded and I must say after some adjusting here and there the frustration has turned into appreciation of the 3000. It is truly a great keyboard and am learning new things about it each day.
So the bottom line was "just getting used to it".
Thanks again
RR

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online