Received my PSR 3000 about 10 days ago and I hate to admit at this time I am still not overwhelmed with it like I thought I would be. Previously owned PSR2000, which to this point was the best keyboard I ever had.
Disapointing so far:
The 2000 sound internal sound system has the 3000 beat by miles as well as the vocalizer. Some music/lyrics kar files taken from the internet sound distorted yet they seem to play back fine on the 2000.
Not sure if I'm still in the learning curve of this kb or is it the equipment(in the case of the vocalizer) I've used with the 2000 not compatible for the 3000 or is there a problem with the keyboard?
I use a medium price radio shack mike and two Yamaha MS60s amps for about 8 years and the 2000 performed flawlessly and still does. Is it possible these are not satisfactory for the 3000?
The observations - the internal sound system for certainly does not match up to the quality of the 2000 and many of the bass parts seem to be heavy which I have to adjust their volume so that it is not so overpowering with the rest of the rhythm. Also I have the adjusted the EQ to modify to some degree of making it better.
EQ another difference the 3000 presents are nearly all the same where the 2000 were quite noticeably different.Is every 3000 the same?
The vocalizer cuts outs or distorts especially on the female harmonies, not quite as bad on the others.
I've done the system resets thru the screen option and also the last key hold down option and made adjustments to the noise gate/compressor/ eq's and although there seems to be some improvement doesn't entirely remove the problem. A bit disappointed so far.
The version my kb shows is 1.04 - any possiblity if I update to the 1.55 might help in some of these areas? Also do I have to load the 1.54 before the 1.55?.
Has anyone experienced any of these symptioms in their 3000 and where they adjustable some way or is the bottom line which I hope is not the case, a problem with this board? I've seen so many compliments about this kb and that was the reason I decided to go for it.
Your comments always appreciated.
Thanks in advance
RR