SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#15194 - 08/27/05 05:39 AM Genesys pro as controller keyboard
to the genesys Offline

If I were to use my Genesys pro as a controller keyboard for a sound module, should I be able to access all the sounds from the module by pressing buttons on the Gensys only?

#15195 - 08/27/05 07:05 AM Re: Genesys pro as controller keyboard
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by to the genesys:
If I were to use my Genesys pro as a controller keyboard for a sound module, should I be able to access all the sounds from the module by pressing buttons on the Gensys only?

Absolutely!

When editing a Preset (or for that matter a Style Preset, Song Preset or Memory) you can assign the specific MIDI Program Change number as well as the MSB and LSB to access any sound within any back of an external sound module.

When viewing the PARTS display for the live keyboard parts, you will notice three groups of numbers to the right of the single sound name. These numbers are the Program Change - MSB value - LSB value respectively.
HINT: An easy way to change these values is by using a PC keyboard attached to the Computer Keyboard input on the back panel of the Genesys. Simply highlight the part name you want to edit, press the NUM LOCK button on the PC keyboard and use the PC keyboard cursor keys to select the value to edit and then type the new value in using the PC keyboard number keys. Press enter when done.

Don’t forget that you can assign any combination of live keyboard parts, sequenced tracks and Style tracks to either of the MIDI outputs for 32 MIDI channel capability. If you make changes in the MIDI section, you can use the LOCK button in the MIDI display so you only have to make the edits one time as opposed to editing and re-saving all presets, memories, style presets, etc.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Dave

------------------
Wm. David McMahan
Nat'l Product and Support Manager
Generalmusic USA
GEM Community Forums

#15196 - 08/27/05 08:13 AM Re: Genesys pro as controller keyboard
to the genesys Offline

Thanks Dave,
So I can select sounds on the module by being in single sound mode on the Genesys Pro, pressing the sound family button and then the Pg up or Pg down and then one of the function buttons?

#15197 - 08/27/05 09:28 AM Re: Genesys pro as controller keyboard
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by to the genesys:
Thanks Dave,
So I can select sounds on the module by being in single sound mode on the Genesys Pro, pressing the sound family button and then the Pg up or Pg down and then one of the function buttons?

Sure. But it is much more usable if you spend some time programming Presets (I suggest using Memories). This way one button press can not l=only call up the desired sound(s) from your modules, but also can select the desired sounds, keyboard mode, effects settings, etc. on the Genesys.

Best Regards,

Dave

------------------
Wm. David McMahan
Nat'l Product and Support Manager
Generalmusic USA
GEM Community Forums

#15198 - 08/27/05 10:10 AM Re: Genesys pro as controller keyboard
to the genesys Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by WDMcM:
Sure. But it is much more usable if you spend some time programming Presets (I suggest using Memories). This way one button press can not l=only call up the desired sound(s) from your modules, but also can select the desired sounds, keyboard mode, effects settings, etc. on the Genesys.

Best Regards,

Dave

Thanks;
Yes I do agree that programming and saving memories is the best thing to do.

One of the things I was really after was for me to creat a style from scratch but using the sounds of the module and doing all the button pushing on the Genesys Pro.

Not that the Genesys pro does not have good sounds, but I just like to experiment and have a variety of things.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online