SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#15187 - 10/30/03 02:29 PM General music sequencers
to the genesys Offline

Hi everyone I had a question about Jem sequencers.
Is it possible to loop individual tracts on a Jem board.
Also, is it possible to take out a note in one tract and put it in another tract. For example, I recorded a drum tract (bass and snare) both in one tract a few years ago (when I first got the keyboard) but now I want to have the bass and snare in separate tracts. Can I do that with out rerecording the tracts? In other words, can I go in and select the note the snare drum is playing on and transfer it to another tract preferably to one of the tracts from 17-32?
Thanks

#15188 - 10/30/03 06:23 PM Re: General music sequencers
sk880user Offline

Loc: United States
You will find each GEM keyboard is different. For example, Equinox will behave differently from WK8.

Let me answer your question from Sk880/WK8/6 perspective:

1)Is it possible to loop individual tracts on a Gem board:

There are two ways to accomplish this:

a) you can take one measure in one track and copy it as many times as you like in its own track or a different track.

b) you can use the style maker which will loop one or multiple measures on one track or multiple tracks. Then what you added in the style can more than easily ported to Sequencer via playing the style in quick recording mode.

However, if you mean by this, the way none-arranger sequencer work, the answer is NO. Because there are other (and more powerful ways) to accomplish this without using the Synth way.

2) Also, is it possible to take out a note in one tract and put it in another tract?

I was going to answer YES very easily. You can take a note or range of notes from one track and copy them into another track.

#15189 - 10/30/03 07:32 PM Re: General music sequencers
to the genesys Offline

Thanks SK 880 user. I noticed you were answering from a SK 880-WK8 perspective. Is the WK 8 basically a 61 key version of SK 880 in terms of the sounds?

If I am able to copy a note in a track, would it copy for the whole song or just a measure?
Thanks

#15190 - 10/31/03 08:19 AM Re: General music sequencers
sk880user Offline

Loc: United States
There are two versions of SK880:

1) Sk880

2) Sk880ps: It has a harddrive.

Sk880ps:

a) 2meg backed memory: 8megs optional (but I strongly believe it is a must)
b) vocal harmonizer: optional
c) 88 keys weighted hammer action
e) no speakers
f) harddrive

Wk8:
1) 61 unweighted keys
2) 8megs backed memory
3) vocal harmonizer
4) harddrive
5) speakers

Q: would it copy for the whole song or just a measure?

It is absolute beauty:
It can copy the whole duration of a song, or a measure or a range of measures. It can do this for all tracks or a particular track. Your control is unlimited.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online