SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#151420 - 07/17/05 02:02 PM New song on my Tyros..
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
It's been awhile since I posted a song and since I just happen to have one I wanted to share it with you. This song came to my head just recently and I put the paint to the canvas.

If anyone has heard this melody before I would like to know and also to which song you may think it resembles. Sometimes melodies come to me that I may have heard in the past, with this one possibly being one of them. I have nor had any intention of replicating an existing song when I composed this song.

That said, here is:

Tenderly

Btw, I am using a third party Style and performed the song in realtime to my Tyros' sequencer then added a few embelishments (Multipads) when recording everything to Sony Sound Forge 7.0 on my computer.

Thanks to anybody who may have a clue and also informing me to which song this one might possibly resemble.

If it doesn't resemble anything on the planet I may have just composed the newest Billboard Top 10. Just kidding... but I find it kind of catchy myself. I hope you do too.

Best regards,
Mike

#151421 - 07/17/05 07:12 PM Re: New song on my Tyros..
flatfoot Offline

Loc: sacramento CA
KBP:

You've got a good, distinctive hook in the little 4-5 note phrase introduced on the sax. I would like to hear it developed a bit more.

By the time the first two choruses are done, I am ready to hear a shift to the bridge section. Try moving the hook up a fourth or a fifth. Or down. Then apply the old-standby melody-writing techniques of inversion, augmentation, retrograde, etc. I would also like to hear another voice take the bridge. The piano was nice....

If you don't know what these terms mean, fool around with them in Google for a while and you can find more. These techniques are not secrets.

Douglas Wolfe
Sacramento

\\.

#151422 - 07/17/05 08:33 PM Re: New song on my Tyros..
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Mike: I concur with Douglas Wolfe's comments & suggestions but would like to add another word of advice as well. Keep in mind that the space (time) between the phrases (notes) played are as critical as the notes played themself. I suggest leaving more time without notes (a measure?) between your melodic phrases to provide the listener relief. It feel each melodic idea continuously follows each without allowing breathing room between them.

Scott

#151423 - 07/18/05 07:58 PM Re: New song on my Tyros..
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Thanks for the advice Doug and Scott. I appreciate it very much.

By the way Doug I know these terms you're referring to. A good site for getting info on music related stuff is:

Essentials Of Music

There are many other sites on the Net that are helpful also. Like this one:

Piano Chord House

It's very useful for finding the fingering of various Chords and also displays the intervals. It also includes a sound clip of the Chord notes.

Thanks again for listening and for the input.

Best regards,
Mike

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 07-18-2005).]

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online