SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#151 - 02/11/06 04:39 AM Fruity Loops FL Studio 4 - assigning effects to individual channels?
Stewy Offline

Loc: UK
I'm sure it's really straight-forward but I can't work it out. I'd greatly appreciate if someone could explain step-by-step how you assign an effect to individual channels in FL Studio 4. For example, I have multiple instruments / samples using more than one pattern patch and I want to put reverb on the bass and not the drums etc.

Thanks in advance.

Alisdair

#152 - 02/11/06 06:39 AM Re: Fruity Loops FL Studio 4 - assigning effects to individual channels?
3351 Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada.
Sorry man, can't help you much since I'm using Logic. I think there are a few FL users hanging out at The Bar and General Arranger KB forums.
Almost all the PC users that post here tend to use either Sonar or SX though. At least to my knowledge.

Have you checked the manual? I know it seems like a tedious thing to do but manual reading can do wonders. That's if it was written well. Some just confuse you more.

-ED-

------------------
A gentleman is one who never hurts anyone's feelings unintentionally.
- - - Oscar Wilde

#153 - 02/11/06 07:20 PM Re: Fruity Loops FL Studio 4 - assigning effects to individual channels?
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
It's fairly straightforward. In your channel settings box, assign a number where it says "fx". Then go to the mixer, click on the corresponding insert number, then click open one of the simulated racks in the right hand part of the mixer and addyour effects. I'm up to FL 6, so I can't remember if 4 is set up exactly the same, but I think it is.

I recommend the upgrade to vers 6 btw. As a registered user, all upgrades are free.

Ed, I totally agree about checking the manual. I will say though that FL's isn't a very intuitive or easy one to use at all compared to some others.

AJ

[This message has been edited by Bluezplayer (edited 02-11-2006).]

#154 - 02/12/06 10:04 AM Re: Fruity Loops FL Studio 4 - assigning effects to individual channels?
Stewy Offline

Loc: UK
Thanks very much 3351 & bluezplayer! I had looked at the manual but probably couldn't see it for looking!

Regards,
Alisdair

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online