SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#150928 - 02/13/02 12:29 PM Re: "Ryan's Hope" .... a reality at last !
ComposerRyan Offline

Hi everybody! There are so many of you to reply to, so I am going to just talk to you all!

To everybody: Thanks for the kind replies, I really appreciate it. In my other post, I never really got the opportunity to respond to your comments, so now I'll try my best!

First of all, all of you are really amazing and special people! The thing that makes this keyboard so special is the people behind it! When the keyboard finally arrives, the first thing I will think about is you guys, because you made this dream a reality! And every time I will play the keyboard, I will think of you also and remember that my dream came true because of you! When my family and I perform, it will be even more special since we know you made it possible!

Thanks also for sharing your stories. Many of you have also experienced the miracles of people helping out and I am glad to know that I am not the only one and that other people have and are receiving help from loving people! I really enjoyed reading your stories. Like one of you said, the thing that makes this special is the loving, devoted, caring people who took part in this, I'll never forget how I got my keyboard! "Thanks" is definetely not enough for what you all have done for me, you have impacted my life deeply!

Also, I do feel like I am part of a big family, like one of you pointed out. I realize that everyone has come together just to make one person's dream come true. The uniting of the members of this forum is the one thing that touches me the most and shows the true atmosphere of this forum! I am glad to be a part of this forum and know each and every one of you. I am also glad that this story is an inspiration for you all. Please do not forget this story, remember it and know, obviously, that there are loving, kind, special people in the world today that have the potential to change one person's life. And, if just one person's life is changed, know that there is still hope in this world!

Also, I know that many of you have requested pictures along with audio demos of my music! I will not let you down, you have done so much for me that at least I could do that for you! When I get the chance, I will be sure to figure out someway to share my music with all of you. Also, when my family and I find the time, we will take pictures of our new, awesome 'studio' setup and try our best to share it with you!

Well, hopefully I responded to all of you as a 'whole'! You all have done a superb job and you are a prime example of how people can work together in a loving, peaceful manner just to complete one person's dream!

Uncle Dave, of course, I cannot say thank you enough! You are just absolutely amazing! You do deserve some type of recognition, as many on this forum have pointed out! But what amazes me the most is the fact that all of you do not even expect recognition, but have done this in a private manner! You are all an inspiration to me!

Well, hopefully my keyboard comes soon! I wonder when it will come...I hope within this week at least, because I am waiting here so impatiently - I know that I am lucky to just receive this keyboard, so waiting is no big deal! Like Uncle Dave said, it is kind of like waiting for a big shiny bike under a Christmas tree, but this seems to be on a way bigger scale since there are kind, loving people behind it and since it is such a surprise and happened so fast!

Well, see you all around on the forums and thanks a lot,
Ryan [img]http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/smile.gif[/img]

ALSO, PLEASE BE SURE TO VISIT THE WEBQUAD NETWORK AT:
http://www.webquad.com

CONTACT ME AT:
composerryan@webquad.com

#150929 - 02/13/02 03:30 PM Re: "Ryan's Hope" .... a reality at last !
Johnnie.c Offline

Loc: England
Hello ComposerRyan
Well it certainly seems that you are a real lucky guy to be receiving a keyboard that has been sponsered by some good people from this forum headed up by uncle Dave.
How is this keyboard coming to you is it being presented to you or what. I expect you can't wait, you must be so excited.
Do you know if anybody has been in contact with the local press because it would be great if they could run a story & take some photographs & maybe put them up on the internet.
Perhaps if you can tell us what town you are in, I happen to know somebody on the New York Times & maybe she might be able to arrange something for you.
Johnnie

#150930 - 02/13/02 05:13 PM Re: "Ryan's Hope" .... a reality at last !
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I wouls LOVE to drive out there with the Yamaha rep and set it up myself, but that's just not gonna happen. Too much going on to make a road trip now! Yamaha will ship the keyboard and survival kit direct to Ryan, and George Kaye will ship the first wave of accessories:
Keyboard stand, mic survival kit, and padded case.
More "goodies" to follow - I'm doing the final planning right now.
Hey Ry - does anyone play guitar at your house????????(hint.....)

#150931 - 02/13/02 07:35 PM Re: "Ryan's Hope" .... a reality at last !
jedi Offline

Loc: Merrimack, N.H.
Good Luck ComposerRyan, be sure to let us all know how you make out with your new keyboard , do you play any other instrument? Anyway, best of luck and most important enjoy the moment and love music!

#150932 - 02/14/02 03:47 AM Re: "Ryan's Hope" .... a reality at last !
LindaFus Offline

Loc: Ledyard, CT USA
Hi everyone!

Ryan I hope you enjoy your NEW gear and it brings years of inspiration and enjoyment to you and your family.

Uncle Dave,

I had a thought (doesn't happen to me very often!) Maybe with the extra money you have collected, this could be put into some kind of account to use as a FUND for maybe the next young person who might need this kind of help? Just a thought! There are alot of young people out there with talent and desire to play music who fit Ryans situation I am sure. We could call it the "SynthBBS Music Fund" or something to that effect. Maybe do this once a year for someone else as well. Sort of a SynthBBS scholarship award. I know you could handle this Uncle Dave. Would be nice to have this warm fuzzy feeling once a year or so. What does everyone think about something like that? What do you think Uncle Dave?

Gotta run to work!

Bye!

-Linda

[This message has been edited by LindaFus (edited 02-14-2002).]

#150933 - 02/14/02 04:27 AM Re: "Ryan's Hope" .... a reality at last !
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
The idea is great, and probably long overdue, but there is not really going to BE any extra money. The generous contributions are more than I ever dreamed possible, but in the world of high tech equipment, it doesn't go that far. I'm just about at the end of my shopping spree, and BOY was IT fun! Having the extra money for accessories really put the icing on the cake. I'll publish a list of the "package" as soon as it's delivered - I want Ryan to get his hands on it before everyone else knows about it! Rest assured, he'll be able to ROCK his little corner of the world with his new studio setup!

I'd love to do something like this again, but I doubt that the support would be as instantaneous. This situation was special because it included a part of our "family." We were all touched by the events, and how they unfolded, and I just don't think it will happen twice ........ at least, not in the very near future. Part of the attraction to this cause was the "closeness" we feel because of our communications, here at the zone. I would never take advantage of anyone's good nature, or expect them to dig-in to often. As far as I see it -- this was a wonderful, one-shot wonder!

Maybe we will be motivated towards another cause in the future, but for now -- my conductor's baton will rest comfortably, in the echo of a tremendous performance by a WONDERful orchestra of caring, feeling musicians -- who have just given the entire world a precious gift..... The gift of music.
Play on, Ryan ..... we're listening!

#150934 - 02/14/02 07:51 PM Re: "Ryan's Hope" .... a reality at last !
ComposerRyan Offline

Hey everyone! I know that a lot has been going on in the last week and I am still amazed. I cannot stop thinking about what you all are doing for me! Not only am I getting the best keyboard in the entire universe along with many "goodies", but I have wonderful, caring, loving people that obviously care about me and are willing to help me out so my dreams could be a reality! You all are special and I love this place because you have provided me with a peaceful, loving atmosphere...thank you so much! This forum is like a diamond, it is VERY rare! I feel so overwhelmed, thank you so much!

Also, I want to thank you George Kaye for shipping those accessories to me! The more you all post out here on the forum, the more I realize how much work is being put into this. I still cannot comprehend this miracle, it is beyond explanation! I cannot wait to setup the keyboard on the new keyboard stand and use the mic survival kit also!

Uncle Dave, I am receiving so much gifts from you all that I was stunned to see that you were possibly offering my family a guitar?! I e-mailed you concerning how my family feels about the guitar along with other things that I wanted to ask you, if you don't mind. Trust me, I know that you would love to see our expressions on our faces when we get the keyboard, so we'll be sure to take pictures of the studio setup and share them with you! The first thing I am going to think about when I play my new keyboard is the people who gave me that gift in the first place! I am going to have the biggest smile on my face when it finally arrives and my heart is full of joy!

Also, Uncle Dave, I understand that a lot of effort went into this and I know that a lot of money was spent. When I grow up and get an opportunity, I will continue this mission to help people and make their dreams come true just as you all have done on this forum for me! I will follow in your footsteps and never forget these wonderful people who came in my life and changed it forever...thank you!

Jedi, I heard that you are new to this forum! Welcome! I am glad that you are a part of it, I look forward to talking to you more through the forums! Obviously, this is a wonderful, warm place where you can share your thoughts, leave comments, and ask questions. Also, I have played the cello before for around maybe 2-3 years and my Mom was the one who interested me in music by giving me the opportunity to play the cello. She is the BEST Mom in the entire universe, I love her so much for encouraging me to learn about music!

Well, see you all around on the forums and thanks a lot everybody,
Ryan

ALSO, PLEASE BE SURE TO VISIT THE WEBQUAD NETWORK AT:
http://www.webquad.com

CONTACT ME AT:
composerryan@webquad.com

#150935 - 02/14/02 10:07 PM Re: "Ryan's Hope" .... a reality at last !
synthmeister Offline

Ryan,

I am very happy for you. I hope that you enjoy your wonderful gift. There is nothing more pleasing than making music and I hope you and your family get lots of joy making music together. Do keep in touch when you go pro and make sure to share your expertise as I know you will learn that KB inside and out.

#150936 - 02/14/02 10:45 PM Re: "Ryan's Hope" .... a reality at last !
Mosiqaar Offline

Loc: Atlanta, GA, USA
What an amazing story (or thread of stories)....it really gives me the feeling that the world still has goodness in it.

Ryan enjoy your gift

Uncle Dave, more power to you and everyone else in this forum.

#150937 - 02/15/02 04:27 AM Re: "Ryan's Hope" .... a reality at last !
XP60User Offline

Loc: On, Canada
Sigh, I am speechless.

Congratulations Ryan, on your new psr 740. I had just bought one a month a go. I love it, though I have to say I am a bit slow on using its features, as I haven't gotten around to even using the floppy disk yet. There is so much to this keyboard without putting in the floppy for more goodies. I am sure you will love it. I am so glad that you got the 740, since its bugs and other problems have all been sorted it.
Please share with us, your experience with the 740, as I for one, would learn tremendously.
Again, i am totally speechless. Warm fuzzy feeling, type of speechless though.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online