SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#15083 - 09/14/06 03:54 PM Performing a Medley on Genesys XP
sonola Offline

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA USA
I welcome advice on the best way to use the Genesys XP to seamlessly perform a medley consisting of several different styles and tempos and associated differing sound presets. For example, I wish to perform the Godfather songbook in one performance, going from ballads to mazurkas to tarantellas, etc... Is there any way to use style variations and foot pedals or whatever to do something like this instead of being locked into creating a midifile and playing along with the midifile? I use the XP with a digital accordion. Maybe I'm wishing for too much, but it doesn't hurt to ask others much more experienced than me.

#15084 - 09/14/06 05:00 PM Re: Performing a Medley on Genesys XP
to the genesys Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by sonola:
I welcome advice on the best way to use the Genesys XP to seamlessly perform a medley consisting of several different styles and tempos and associated differing sound presets. For example, I wish to perform the Godfather songbook in one performance, going from ballads to mazurkas to tarantellas, etc... Is there any way to use style variations and foot pedals or whatever to do something like this instead of being locked into creating a midifile and playing along with the midifile? I use the XP with a digital accordion. Maybe I'm wishing for too much, but it doesn't hurt to ask others much more experienced than me.

One thing you could do is to assign each song with all the style, sounds, tempo and other settings to a memory location. Put the memories in the same order you would like to have the songs performed. Then if you have the multi pedal unit, you could assign two of those pedals one to memory up and the other to memory down.

So when you are playing one song, and you want to go to another song, just press the pedal assigned to memory up or down and the style with all the settings for that next song would be right there.
HTH

#15085 - 09/15/06 07:51 AM Re: Performing a Medley on Genesys XP
donpatt Offline

Loc: Lufkin, TX.
Hi Hank, Group and Unknown Member,

I agree with the post above. About the only way I know for you to accomplish your goal would be to utalize the memories. I'm a bit disappointed in the multi-pedal functions available. It seems that the only up and dwn function on the pedals other than style fills, and variation change (1-4), is for the memories. For my style of playing, I wish the up and dwn function pertained to the sound presets, and style presets. Maybe I'm missing something but I don't think so. Looks like this could be incorporated in the next software upgrade.

Well good luck, I would certainly like to hear your medley when completed.

Regards
Don

#15086 - 09/16/06 04:30 AM Re: Performing a Medley on Genesys XP
sonola Offline

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA USA
Thanks for the advice HTH and Don. I tried the memories resource and it worked! Now all I need is a multi pedal unit. Don, re: your question about using memories for sounds and style presets: wouldn't the memories work to change sounds and style presets as well if you keep the style basics the same from memory to memory (i.e. basic style and tempo)?

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online