SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#150753 - 05/02/07 05:35 AM Anyone using the DELTA 44 Sound Card
Dnj Offline

http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/Delta44-main.html

Im looking for a new one to replace the terrible Realtek one that came with my PC.

#150754 - 05/02/07 11:37 AM Re: Anyone using the DELTA 44 Sound Card
adimatis Offline

Loc: Oradea, RO
my oppinion is that this audiocard is pretty old and there's alot of newer models that are probably better as price and performance and features. from m-audio and not only.
not that that's a bad card, but just dated.
even my audiophile 2496, which is a newer release i think is quite old now.
but for sure would get the job (simple audio recording) done.

#150755 - 05/02/07 11:40 AM Re: Anyone using the DELTA 44 Sound Card
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by adimatis:
my oppinion is that this audiocard is pretty old and there's alot of newer models that are probably better as price and performance and features. from m-audio and not only.
not that that's a bad card, but just dated.
even my audiophile 2496, which is a newer release i think is quite old now.
but for sure would get the job (simple audio recording) done.

What are some of the newer internal sound cards ones in this class?

#150756 - 05/02/07 09:21 PM Re: Anyone using the DELTA 44 Sound Card
adimatis Offline

in this price class? http://www.zzounds.com/prodsearch?q=&cat2=&cat=2421&ob=p19&button=Filter+Results&form=search

i prefer AP2496, for being cheaper and delivering the same results, and has midi too.
but i think lately many manufacturers went USB or firewire, pci cards are more rare and probably will be replaced totally in the next few years. http://www.zzounds.com/prodsearch?q=&cat2=&cat=2424&ob=p19&button=Filter+Results&form=search http://www.zzounds.com/prodsearch?q=&cat2=&cat=2420&ob=p19&button=Filter+Results&form=search

#150757 - 05/03/07 07:45 AM Re: Anyone using the DELTA 44 Sound Card
Dnj Offline

Do these USB sound card modules replace the stock internal when used for recording ...or?

hers my dilemma.....my Realtek SC internal plays back fine ....but when I try to record something using the front or back Inputs using Acid pro....or Adobe Audition etc ....I only get a one sided track recording NO STEREO....there is no signal on the right side......when I tried to use the balance on the mixer its dead on one side.....Im thinking my sound card is defective for recording...playback is fine ?

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 05-03-2007).]

#150758 - 05/03/07 11:10 AM Re: Anyone using the DELTA 44 Sound Card
adimatis Offline

i really dont have much experience with outside box audiocards (usb or firewire) but i know they are doing whatever a pci slot audiocard does. of course, quality and features vary depending on the models, etc.
i am sure there are members here that have alot of experience with that, they can post. definitely, there is a limitation of usb1.1 old cards, but with usb 2.0, they are suppose to replace successfuly the internal audiocards.
anyway, regarding your problems with recording stereo, i can think of
1. bad cable
2. bad jack connection both/either on cable and soundcard
3. bad settings in the audiocard mixer
4. bad driver or driver's settings
5. bad settings on recording software

but i am sure you checked all of these... so i am out of ideas.

#150759 - 05/03/07 10:08 PM Re: Anyone using the DELTA 44 Sound Card
Dnj Offline

Thanx foryour ideas and your help....Im gonna just dump this sound card and buy another .....but first I'll talk to my PC builder tech friend and see what he thinks being he built the box.

thanx

#150760 - 05/04/07 07:14 AM Re: Anyone using the DELTA 44 Sound Card
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
I use a Delta 44 PCI with the breakout box.

The Delta 44 PCI is a surprisingly good sound card for the money. It has received accolades from MI professionals as a great cost/performance card. The breakout box is nice in that is resides outside the computer case and can be placed several feet away from the computer if necessary. The idea of the breakout box is to lessen any interference from all the electrical signal/noise inside the computer.

The Delta 44 uses Asio Drivers and features 24bit/96kHz full duplex audio capability. In fact the Delta 44 is the only sound card sold at zzounds.com and it is one of the only sound cards that Guitar Center handles too.

Having said that, I have looked for an upgrade solution to my Delta 44 but haven't really come across anything that I thought would be a significant improvement over the Delta 44.

PS: If anybody knows of some high end sound cards that are absolutely fabulous and would blow the Delta 44 out of the water let me and Donny know. I am open to suggestions.

>> Have manufacturers given up on making high-end PCI sound cards? Is it because they realize there is more profit from selling standalone Hardware DAWS from the likes of Tascam, Roland, Yamaha, Korg, etc. etc.? That's my guess.. Even M-Audio has a hardware DAW and it sells for around $1,500.

Best,
Mike

#150761 - 05/04/07 09:34 AM Re: Anyone using the DELTA 44 Sound Card
Dnj Offline

Mike email me when you can I got a few questions for ya about the delta

thanx

#150762 - 05/04/07 10:11 AM Re: Anyone using the DELTA 44 Sound Card
adimatis Offline

delta 44, 66, AP2496, 1010LT all do a good job and since they are already working at max of 24 bits/96khz, what else can be much better than that?
the AD and DA converters they use are awarded for their quality and if you have good converters... that's giving the quality of a audiocard.
having more or less features, options, etc. are optional, not really necessary.

so, no surprize there really isn't another audiocard that would blow-out deltas. not yet.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online