SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#150700 - 11/25/05 12:31 AM are you ready for Christmas?
George V Offline

Loc: Sofia
Hi,
This morning I noticed they had put a tall Christmass tree in the subway station. It stays there still undecorated. I fell surprised since Christmas is still 1 month ahead. Moreover, Christmas decorations have never started so early in my city.

So - I was wondering how are the Cristmas preparations going at your place. Do you have a special repertoire of songs you play during Christmas time?

Kind regards,
George V

#150701 - 11/25/05 12:42 AM Re: are you ready for Christmas?
KeithB Offline

Loc: Melbourne AUSTRALIA
Sadly (retail) Christmas seems to start in mid November in Australia, store decorations and Christmas music. Sad, because it is really perverting the Christmas concept for monetary gain.
I believe the general community has lost control of the meaning of Christmas and retailers have grabbed that power.
Having said that, I must provide a balance, as I am an retired investor with shares in those same retailers.
Keith

#150702 - 11/25/05 01:02 AM Re: are you ready for Christmas?
Dnj Offline

Heres a little song someone sent me to get you in the Holiday Spirit..........enjoy
http://www.donnypesce.com/oholynight.mp3

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 11-25-2005).]

#150703 - 11/25/05 04:53 AM Re: are you ready for Christmas?
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
In the true spirit of Christmas, let's hope that someone put him out of his misery.

chas

PS...was that tactful enough?

#150704 - 11/25/05 05:15 AM Re: are you ready for Christmas?
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Merry Christmas all!! Must be too many years following the advice of my 2 friends Dr. Bob and Bill W.

[This message has been edited by Stephenm52 (edited 11-25-2005).]

#150705 - 11/25/05 05:36 AM Re: are you ready for Christmas?
andrewpowell Offline

Loc: UK
Sadly in the UK Christmas seems to start earlier and earlier each year. I think the shops were gearing-up late August this year.

I play piano at my local church and for the last few years we have had less and less enthusiasm for the traditional Christmas Carols. Don't know why this is but it may be part of the growing malaise in the UK regarding Christmas (except amongst the retailers, of course).

My new American wife tells me that Christmas doesn't really get going in the States until after Thanksgiving is over. A much more sensible arrangement I think.

Anyway, at her instigation we're going to celebrate Thanksgiving this year (a little late but about 60 people are coming!). I think it's to make up for the fact she couldn't get anyone here interested in July 4th

#150706 - 11/25/05 07:01 AM Re: are you ready for Christmas?
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by cgiles:
PS...was that tactful enough?

At least people are being honest now

#150707 - 11/25/05 07:03 AM Re: are you ready for Christmas?
Esh Offline

Loc: Hilton Head, SC, USA
In my area, two local radio stations went to 24-hour Christmas music in mid-November. Ugh. That's way too soon for me, but it was a signal to start practicing tunes for the season. So I did - now I'll be burned out on the stuff by the end of November.

I was getting requests for Jingle Bells a week prior to Thanksgiving... sincere requests too! I politely told them that I wait until after Thanksgiving to start playing Christmas tunes, but I caved in and started playing a few almost-Christmas songs earlier this week like Sleigh Ride and Winter Wonderland, and also I put out my Christmas CD from last year for sale. The CD's started selling right away.

So I start playing my full Christmas list (41 songs) tonight, the first evening after Thanksgiving. Personally I don't get in the Christmas mood until December 23rd but I must be in the minority.

#150708 - 11/25/05 07:10 AM Re: are you ready for Christmas?
Tony Rome Offline

Loc: Cozumel Mexico
Donny....was that one of your featured guest artist from Rahwway....hehehe
TR

#150709 - 11/25/05 07:51 AM Re: are you ready for Christmas?
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Rome:
Donny....was that one of your featured guest artist from Rahwway....hehehe
TR

Tony.....That is one of the most artistic renditions of this wonderful song.......I hope you aborbed the feeling the artist was trying to give to the audience, and the ending is Amazing to say the least......"simply superb" a True Holiday Classic or sure....Glad you enjoyed it!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online