SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#150677 - 10/20/06 01:55 AM Tyros2 megavoice samples
doc-z Offline

Loc: Norway
In the datalist for the Tyros2 the electric guitars and basses says "EFX" for all velocity levels on the keys over C6, and up to C8. Can anyone please tell me what theese "EFX" are? Are they different samples of instrumental effects? Could someone please explain what they are, and if they are different which key ranges contain which effects?

You see I'm building megavoice compatible samples for Hypersonic, I'm done with the acoustic guitars, but now I've moved onto the electric ones... So I'm grateful for any help you good folks out there can provide.

Doc-Z

#150678 - 10/20/06 08:48 AM Re: Tyros2 megavoice samples
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
They are probably 'thumps' and 'slides' and other non-note sounds. Are you doing this without a T2 to listen to?

#150679 - 10/20/06 09:39 AM Re: Tyros2 megavoice samples
doc-z Offline

Loc: Norway
Yes I haven't got a Tyros 2, but I got the styles from SVPWorld. And I've used the data list pdf from Yamaha to find the correct samples for the accoustic guitar voices, but since the manual doesn't say which keys are which on the EFX part for electric guitars and basses, it's hard to get it right, when I don't know which samples go on which key. I'm hoping to create a tyros2 compatible megavoice bank in Hypersonic for use with OMB or simular.
So if anyone got a 88 note controller, or can hook their tyros 2 up to a computer and let me know a couple of the "EFX" parts, I just need to know what is on what key, I would be most grateful!

Doc-Z

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online