SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11 >
Topic Options
#150362 - 01/26/03 04:37 PM Re: where does everybody live?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by George Kaye:
My daughter is leaving for Spain to attend a University in Madrid for 4 months next week. She is a UCLA student and is going with a group of University of California students. What is the weather like in Madrid this time of year? I noticed a response from one of our synthzone members from Spain. Any suggestion of things to do or to not do while a 20 year old is in Madrid?

George,

I'm not spanish nor I live in Spain, but Madrid is closer from here (3/4 hours drive) than the portuguese capital (Lisbon). I've been there several times and I had some collegues of work that were based in Madrid universities (Complutense & Antónoma).
The weather is quite continental: hot in the summer and rather cold in winter. A month ago, the main roads to Madrid were blocked with snow...

She will enjoy Madrid, even more if she is an outgoing person. Madrid's night life, called "La Movida" is very famous and has its peak in the summer warm nights. She will also enjoy the cultural offer over there; lots of things happening at all times of the year.

There are also some very interesting one/two-day tours around Madrid, specialy if she likes historic towns.

-- José.

#150363 - 01/26/03 04:53 PM Re: where does everybody live?
rolandfan Offline

Loc: South Africa
I'm from Durban, South Africa.

#150364 - 01/26/03 05:14 PM Re: where does everybody live?
Bill E Offline

Loc: nashville
Music City USA! (thats' Nashville,y'all)
Bill

#150365 - 01/26/03 05:51 PM Re: where does everybody live?
MagicUser Offline

Loc: New York, USA
I live in the south west part of New York. Near the PA border. You can see my dome at my home page: http://www.infoblvd.net/bnadworn/dome.html

I'm still building the house on a daily basis. The dome is great for the accoustics.

- Brian

#150366 - 01/26/03 06:16 PM Re: where does everybody live?
nardoni2002 Offline

Loc: malaga, spain
hi george,i agree with matias,weather here is quite good at the moment on the south coast of spain,even though its winter time,i come from london,youv,e seen what the weather is like there ,thats one of the reasons we came here,i think your daughter will have a great time,the euro is on par with the dollar ,and prices are similar,i was in florida 3 months ago,lots of people i believe in madrid speak english,if your daughter can speak spanish she will enjoy it even more,,mike

#150367 - 01/26/03 06:21 PM Re: where does everybody live?
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
My daughter has had 4 years of high school spanish and 2 years of college spanish, so although she speaks spanish well in an English environment, she will have a lot to learn when she arrives in Madrid. Thanks for the reports of how things are in Madrid.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#150368 - 01/26/03 08:02 PM Re: where does everybody live?
Dnj Offline

Brian,

very kool digs!!! good luck!!

#150369 - 01/26/03 08:27 PM Re: where does everybody live?
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Pensacola, Florida. Where we had a high today around 50 degrees, much warmer than Friday morning when it was 4 degrees with north wind chill. Water pipes froze in some places. I guess they insulate a little different than Jefferson, Wisconsin where I come from.

Also, you should have seen the mess people made by turning on their sprinler systems to keep the grass from freezing and dying. There grass was frozen solid. Looks like new sod in the spring. Some places had stalagmites (icicles going up from the ground) where they had splashed through the night! Yes, only in Florida.

Scott Langholff

#150370 - 01/26/03 09:52 PM Re: where does everybody live?
Islander Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas, U.SA.
Dallas, Texas here! I live three blocks away from Texas Stadium, home of the Dallas Cowboys!

#150371 - 01/27/03 06:58 AM Re: where does everybody live?
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
A born and bred New Yorker (I'll ALWAYS be a NY'er) living in Rhode Island which is great ... four seasons, great beaches, vivid fall colors, snow in the winter, and it is now WINTER!!!, ... gotta LOVE it ...
PS I hope to be meeting Angelo (cam8neel) at his show in Feb.
PPS George ... just what a father wants to hear as his daughter is about to go off to Madrid ... "the nightlife is very famous!!!" ... As Perry Como once sang "When you're the father of boys, how you worry, but when you're the father of girls you do more than that, you pray..." !!! Peace be with you my friend ...
t.

[This message has been edited by tony mads usa (edited 01-27-2003).]

Page 4 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online