SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#150161 - 09/03/01 08:33 AM Boo: PLEASE fill us in on your gig experiences with Sonny G !
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
WHERE did you end up playing with him at? Mission Ranch, Los Laureles Lodge, or Highland Inn? Did you perform (on your sax) with a rhythm section (bass player, drummer) too?

Boo, did you take your Korg i30 arranger keyboard to California as well? I'm curious if Sonny was receptive to playing an arranger keyboard considering he is a LONGTIME pro gigging acoustic piano player and traditional rhythm section 'keyboard player' as well. - Scott

[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 09-03-2001).]

#150162 - 09/03/01 07:05 PM Re: Boo: PLEASE fill us in on your gig experiences with Sonny G !
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
Scott,

I played at the Mission ranch with him 2 nights. I did not take my i30. I had all I could to keep up with Sonny playing my sax.

Sonny is down on arrangers. He tried sometime back to use one. One night when he tried to start to play, nothing happened. He said some wise guy hollered at him to put another quarter in it. That and people asking him if he really was playing got to him.

He hooked up his bass pedals and played that. And he had a conga sequenced on a couple of tunes when I played with him. All Sonny needs is his fingers staying healthy.

Boo

[This message has been edited by brickboo (edited 09-03-2001).]

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online