SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#150102 - 06/23/06 02:47 PM Re: Can we make one simple test?
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
For the life of me I don't understand how this demo turned into another pissin' contest. This is a great demo, and from my perspective it sounds fantastic. The midi is clean, fresh, the drums are outstanding, and from every aspect this demonstrated the quality that can be produced if someone takes the time to produce a quality midi file.

I'm outa' here!

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#150103 - 06/24/06 07:58 AM Re: Can we make one simple test?
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Dang it Domenik, why did you go and censor yourself. Geesh, I'm pretty open minded when it comes to the Mediastation. Why let a few yahoos spoil the fun.

Also, does anyone have that MIDI file Domenik posted? I wanted to hear it 1st hand on my T2.

------------------
Al Giordano
www.al-giordano.com

Tyros 2, Yamaha P-250, Korg Triton Extreme 76, Roland VK8-M, DW Collectors Series Drums

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#150104 - 06/24/06 08:38 AM Re: Can we make one simple test?
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
I have to agree with Gary, this did take a fast U-turn.... I think the midi was quite nice, and Domenik's Mediastation has come a long way. I still say it's the "Hybrid" we've all been wanting and talking about (synth/arranger)...

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#150105 - 06/24/06 11:59 AM Re: Can we make one simple test?
keybG Offline

I do agree that the mediastation is what a lot of people was waiting for. An arranger/synth....very interesting, that would be the absolute board.
BUT the thing is that the Lionstracs is spoiling everything its self. First of all they had to be more carefull with the people, and with this forum that it's worldwide known, and especially with people that they love their boards...
If you want to convince me to buy your board, DON'T blame my Tyros,roland,Ketron find an other way to do IT.

I think it's missing something from Liontracs and this is not a good board but a new MANAGMENT DIRECTOR

regards
KeybG

#150106 - 06/24/06 03:08 PM Re: Can we make one simple test?
trtjazz Offline

If for no other reason, I would not buy a Mediastation, due to the way it's representatives have acted on this forum and their continued amateurish attempts at representing it to the public with their demos.

Terry

------------------
jam on,
Terry
http://www.artisans-world.com/

#150107 - 06/25/06 03:27 AM Re: Can we make one simple test?
Magica Alfa Offline

I agree with you that every of us know own keyboard the best. If we play on severally keyboards from one company, we know sounds of this keyboard in the best way. If somebody wants to convince us on other way is this not good and we fight for our side.
Many of you in this forum want only to convince that your keyboard is good.
I had played and tested a lot keyboards and I can tell that they are all good for some intention.

For my intention is idea of new better sound and open system the best. Not GM and sound closed. But for somebody who want only play with GM midi files and for fun without any adrenalin of good making of song (without personalization) needs something else.

I’m having now LIONSTRACS X76 for less than two months. I’m having every day some new ideas for develop my personality.

People with this fresh idea are only wants to convince you on thinking for future. They don’t want to tell that are other keyboards bad. But some of forum members challenge. I saw many critics here that made so bad thinking.

Open your mind once more. This system is future of us keyboard players. In next two years will come out all big companies with same idea and than you will all say only good things on that. When new company as LIONSTRACS is only making those kinds of keyboards is story different.

Don’t be closed for new idea as dinosaur.

Best regards.

#150108 - 06/25/06 03:44 AM Re: Can we make one simple test?
trtjazz Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Magica Alfa:
In next two years will come out all big companies with same idea and than you will all say only good things on that. When new company as LIONSTRACS is only making those kinds of keyboards is story different.

Don’t be closed for new idea as dinosaur.

Best regards.

I love this concept and when one of the major players comes out with one, I am sure it will be a playable useable keyboard out of the box, Mediastation is not from what I have seen. It seems to be a never ending work in progress that was brought to market before it was ready to be brought.

The other problem I really see with Linux is that being an open system it like the MS has no-one central core focusing the efforts. Instead there are people all over the world doing bits and pieces as they feel like it and stopping when they get bored with a project. In short for me although Linux may in fact be a great o/s, it's more tailored to computer geeks that want to play...... I don't.
Terry

------------------
jam on,
Terry
http://www.artisans-world.com/

#150109 - 06/25/06 01:07 PM Re: Can we make one simple test?
Magica Alfa Offline

MEDIASTATION is out of the box NOW not in two years.

But every day is something new better and faster and sounds greater. Same as OS Windows and LINUX developers are working on new tuning.

Also major players are every day changing something in OS. I thing MEDIASTATION is ready for market. But question is: If are users ready to change mind and thing in other way. One keyboard is having more modules. I ‘m playing with 8 modules inside: B4, Orchestral, Halion, SC, Rhodes, GM-internal, Linux sampler, Kontakt. Sorry but I forgot that library of VST effects is so big that I can tell you that here is thing really crazy. I don’t need rack of 24, 48 places for modules. I’m having only one keyboard MS X76. That is all. Connecting between is fast as change to new sound with all presets.

Linux is also making progress every day. Here are not only people who start with something and after that they stop with idea. No all is open for other who wants to finish some work of course if it needs that. You can see on web that they are having really good ideas. Here is law “don’t crack”. But MS found all solutions in LINUX so far that now is all working also windows programs. (Thanks to .wine)

#150110 - 06/26/06 09:13 AM Re: Can we make one simple test?
Alex K Offline

Loc: Phoenix, AZ USA
Folks,

Sorry, I saw this thread too late to actually hear the samples which had precipitate this whole brouhaha. It is regrettable to see this happen. This is the reason why abrasive, offensive posts by some members spoil the experience for everybody.

I can recall Craig's negative experience with the Mediastation, but it seems that Domnik did the honorable thing and gave Craig a full refund. I am not sure if any other manufacturer would do that. I know if I buy a car sight unseen, and then don't like it, I could shake my fists in anger and disappointment for a long time, but I'd never get my money refunded. It seems, however, that instead of buying himself some good will, Domenik ended up with a case of vindictive sour grapes. Had he not given Craig a refund, at least he would have ended up with a sale - I can't imagine the amount of negative posts towards him being any greater.

This should be of concern to all of us, because at least here in the US many cities do not have full-service arranger dealerships, and are not likely to hear a keyboard first-hand. While the direct-sales approach is the one that a smaller manufacturer might adopt to reach out to a dispersed market, Craig's post-refund behavior makes it unlikely for Liontracs or anybody else to try this approach.

Having said that, I believe a part of skepticism stems from the fact that most of us have never heard a Mediastation. Seeing a well-produced video demo would put to rest some of our doubts (not that you can't fool people with video, but it would be much more believable).

The one thing that Liontracs is sorely lacking is a good marketing leader, who can dedicate his time to promoting the product in the marketplace, and focus the activities of the developers in a particular direction.

Quote:
Originally posted by trtjazz:
If for no other reason, I would not buy a Mediastation, due to the way it's representatives have acted on this forum and their continued amateurish attempts at representing it to the public with their demos.

Terry

Terry,

you already mentioned that you don't benefit from the offering that Mediastation is putting on. Since you don't care about portability and good user interface for the software-based solution, this is probably not going to be a big loss for Liontracs.

However, to me the behavior of the Liontracs representatives plays like that of the techies, who are excited about their product, even though in their minds it is more advanced than in its physical embodiment. Being a software engineer myself, I can spot this among the Liontracs folks. While this is not a proper way to project your product onto the marketplace, I can't fault them for it, any more than I could fault a child for getting excited about a new toy - that's what they do.

To me, the actions of other manufacturers are much more offensive - those of the established companies (I won't name names), that supposedly monitor the posts on this forum, and still end up producing for us, the live arranger players, keyboards that force us to use the touchscreens and behemoths that weigh nearly 50 lbs, while still giving us only 61 keys to play on.

To me, that's reall gall.

Regards,
Alex

#150111 - 06/26/06 09:22 AM Re: Can we make one simple test?
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK

[This message has been edited by Craig_UK (edited 06-26-2006).]

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online