SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#150060 - 07/29/05 08:38 AM Scam listings
babylon Offline

Loc: Saline, Mi.
Has anyone noticed all the scam listing constantly showing up on E-bay from Great Britain?? currently Yamaha PSR 9000Pro.I think it is getting to the point that EBay should seriously consider if they should even show listings from that country

#150061 - 07/29/05 08:49 AM Re: Scam listings
Tony W Offline

Loc: Lancaster UK
Oi!
Don't tar all us Brits with the same brush!! Maybe you will find this hard to believe but my Ebay account was hijacked last year by an AMERICAN who listed a pontiac twenty four times!!!

Ebay were excellent though and sorted everything out within twenty four hours including a refund on my account.

There are idiots everywhere who like to scam or spoil stuff for decent people. It's not a localised thing ya know I have bought and sold to from and to the US with no problems at all.

Best wishes
Tony

------------------
www.tonywmusic.co.uk

#150062 - 07/29/05 06:31 PM Re: Scam listings
babylon Offline

Loc: Saline, Mi.
I agree fully with you, that it probably goes both ways...I am just hoping E-bay will get a wakeup call and pay xtra attention,and more fully scrutinize any international listings, from and to anywhere. The big concern being you have very little recourse. I am also sure it is probably not only the Brits..however, there seems to be more than their share of suspicous listings for Yamaha keyboards, Tyros,9000pro, PSR3000 at least when I am perusing these listings on my end.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online