SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#149873 - 11/15/01 09:36 AM PA80 pad default help please
Jocko Offline

Hi Gang,
I'm trying to change the default pad settings and have them come up and apply to all the styles as opposed to the default ones with no luck. I've read the manual at least 6 times had my wife read it and ....nothing,back to the default on restart. By the way, I was able to save and change the default style that comes up.

OK, here's what I've tried so far:
Style>menu>style control>page 23>change the 4 pad settings>write>perf N01-1> (I have also tried STS and Current style here)>enter>yes>global>write>global>enter>yes.

Has anyone had any success doing this, if so how, or what am I missing?
thanks in advance for the help,
Terry

Also, if there's any interest, I've just finished and uploaded my latest cd, which for the keyboard part was done totally on the PA 80. http://terry95829.tripod.com/terrynewagejazz/id4.html

[This message has been edited by Jocko (edited 11-15-2001).]

#149874 - 11/15/01 12:10 PM Re: PA80 pad default help please
Jocko Offline

up

#149875 - 11/15/01 02:12 PM Re: PA80 pad default help please
Arbaz Offline

Hello there,
Let me turn on my PA-80 and I will write everything step by step, here we go,

1.Turn on your PA-80 (8>)
2.we are in performance 1-1 now hit menu choose input/pad,
3.press page + once now we are at page 23,
4.now I am seeing assigned sounds to each pad,
5.I have changed pad 1. Crash 1 to pad 1. Crash 2,
6.now I have pressed write and click on STS 1 and press enter twice and I am back to page 23 now,
7.I have changed page 1.crash 2 (which we previously changed from crash 1) to 1.china now I have hit write again this time I am going to write on STS N. 2 hit enter twice, now I am pressing exit to return to main menu,
8.now when I press pad 1 in STS 1 I hear crash 2 and when I press STS 2 I hear china on pad 1 now I will save the performance and will turn off the keyboard.
9. now I have turned on my keyboard again and in STS 1 I hear crash 2 and when I press STS 2 I hear china on pad 1.
10. now I hope that you get the same results.
Kind Regards,

#149876 - 11/16/01 05:28 AM Re: PA80 pad default help please
Jocko Offline

Arbaz,
Thanks for the step by step, but there must be something up with my PA, because it will not save the different settings I change the pads to. As soon as I bring it up, it's back on the factory defaults.
I tried your step by 3x's, then I went a step further and saved to current style, then to performance, then to global and still .....factory defaults.
What's irritating about this to me, is I think I should be able to change the 4 pads, go to global, say save, it it should save and make that the new default for the pads ( which are a global thing) then if I wanted different pad setups, for different performances or whatever, I would save those to the current style/performance.
Somehow they are making the factory default a global setting....grrrrrrr!
Thanks again, I appreciate the help, big time,
Terry

#149877 - 11/16/01 06:04 AM Re: PA80 pad default help please
Jocko Offline

Arbaz,
It's working now.....I had the pad lock on and phiolofparis (sp) had suggested that on the awarness forum. I switched that off and it worked fine.
By the way, the way you explained it above, gave me a much better understanding of how the whole save thing works for style/performance.
Thanks again for your help,
Terry

[This message has been edited by Jocko (edited 11-16-2001).]

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online