SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#149455 - 08/30/04 02:01 AM New reminder program
RicFreak Offline

Loc: Italy
I have developed a little but useful reminder program.

It is web based, and it is called HurryUp!

As I said, it is a reminder program: you insert your reminders in your personal agenda and HurryUp! will send you an e-mail when that reminder expires.

If you like you can be reminded one day, one week or one month before, and each reminder can be signed as "repeated", so that it will automatically renew itself weekly, monthly or yearly.

If you (like me) work with the internet, and check your e-mail every day (or more), HurryUp! is extremely useful, with all your reminders in your e.mail box day by day.

HurryUp! is available at http://www.oggi.it/HurryUp/HurryUp.asp .
Each of you can create his personal account freely, and freely manage up to two reminders; registered users have no limit.
If you will like to create a personal account, remember that first password will always be HurryUp!. So, after you created your account you have to login using this password and change your personal data. You won't have access to your personal agenda as long as your password is HurryUp!.

Registration fee is 20$ (or 20€) for one year.
I think I'll go with Paypal, but I still have to decide. If some of you will like to register, please contact me and we will try to reach some kind of agreement.

I hope that some of you will like to try HurryUp. If you'll try it, please send me your feedbacks (no mercy, please), so that I can learn something from this thing.

Thanks a lot everybody.

#149456 - 08/30/04 08:50 PM Re: New reminder program
TomTomSF Offline

Loc: Half Moon Bay, CA, USA
Hi Ric!

Good to see you're still expanding your programming efforts. What, no more Korg programs?

I think your program is a very good idea. I searched for this type of program sometime back. I was really surprised that I could not use my email to send a delayed email to myself, serving as a reminder.

What I use instead is Yahoo. I set the calendar up with whatever I need to remind myself about. It's easy and free. What would be the advantage of paying for your service?

Tom G.

#149457 - 08/31/04 12:11 AM Re: New reminder program
RicFreak Offline

Tom,
as long as I know, Yahoo services have their price, in terms of advertisements, banners, etc., and you have to pay real money to Yahoo for advertisements-free services. But I may be wrong in this.

Moreover, I suspect that my bank account is a little poorer than Yahoo bank account, hence my different commercial policies.

But, finally, this is how things go: I mean, the wider the choiche the better for the user...

Thanks for you reply. I hope that you will try HurryUp! (it's free to try) and will spend a little of your time to send me some feedbacks.

P.S.: Yes, you are right: no more KORG programs, my Pa80 is almost sold (the guy needs a couple of weeks more to collect the money) and I'll go for something different.

[This message has been edited by RicFreak (edited 08-31-2004).]

#149458 - 08/31/04 12:35 AM Re: New reminder program
RicFreak Offline

Tom,
I tried the Yahoo thing.

It is more complete than my HurryUp, with many more options. On the other side, it is much more complicated and slower, and as long as HurryUp satisfies your needs, it is much better.

But, again, it is a matter of personal tastes...

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online