SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#149406 - 12/04/02 06:31 PM review my song
pianoman35 Offline

Tell me what u think and what i should improve on. I made the song using the Casio CTK-518. Yes the quality is kinda bad since I used a microphone to record it. I'll be getting a new keyboard as u'll see in my site, around the beginning on january. Hope yall like it.

Edited by pianoman35 (02/16/23 05:42 AM)

#149407 - 12/07/02 12:10 AM Re: review my song
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Not too bad a first try exercise. The octave you're playing the melody in sounds played too high. I suggest you play it an octave lower. I think you need to work most on your timing, and secondly focussing on playing notes that are complimentary to the harmony. I notice that you're in the 9th grade. Does your school or community offer music classes? A begining keyboard and/or music theory (ear training) class might be helpful. With your continued efforts, you're gonna start sounding good fairly soon I think. Good luck and congratulations on the new Yammy DGX-202 . - Scott

#149408 - 12/07/02 03:43 AM Re: review my song
trtjazz Offline

Chris,
I sgree with Scott here on his points. I think you will improve greatly with some formal music training.

Try to make your melody lines flow with the rhythm backing a bit more and I think you'll put out some good tunes. Have a listen to your favorite artists or even some of the other artists here and listen to what they are doing.

Keep doing it though, everyone who's ever played an instrument has been at your same stage.
jam on,
Terry

[This message has been edited by trtjazz (edited 12-07-2002).]

#149409 - 12/07/02 03:21 PM Re: review my song
pianoman35 Offline

Thanks for your reviews. The reason I was playing a high octive is because one of the keys stopped working My grandma bought the keyboard for 75 bucks yesterday. Oh by the way. My grandma teaches me piano. She gives other ppl lessons too, she has like her own business and shes 70. The song im playing now is Moonlight Sonata. Ive been playing piano since i was 5 and im 15 now.

[This message has been edited by pianoman35 (edited 12-07-2002).]

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online