SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#149275 - 01/05/02 06:43 AM (un)Healthy Studio Air
freddynl Offline

Loc: netherlands
Allthough not directly an arranger board question I decided to post here as I think it is a topic for most of us.

I am building an extra floor in the topfloor of my house, which will reduce the m3 of my hobbyroom with all the equipment and studio setup.

As you may or may not know, the amplifiers/pc monitors etc.. all produce a small amount of odeur which is pretty unhealthy.

As I am not in a subtropic climate so open windows are no option for obvious reasons.

I wonder if any of you know of a unit which absorbes the unwanted gasses out of the air.

thanks for any suggestions,

Fred

#149276 - 01/05/02 07:00 AM Re: (un)Healthy Studio Air
Roel Offline

Hi Fred,
I agree they produce a kind of 'smell' especially after I brought in my SD1 and PA speakers after 1 or more gigs. (smoke alike)
Electronic equipment does produce another kind of smell but I do not think it is 'unhealthy' (schadelijk voor de gezondheid)

My studio is about 2.5 x 2.5 m and I have no complaints. Just use a small adjustable ventilation hole. (e.g. in the window : rooster boven het thermopane)

The use of air-purifier equipment is useless and on top of that they produce NOISE !

Roel

#149277 - 01/05/02 08:58 AM Re: (un)Healthy Studio Air
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
I think most of the smell in my Music Room is produced by me and not the equipment...HA!!!

Graham UK

[This message has been edited by Graham UK (edited 01-05-2002).]

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online