SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#149067 - 11/19/02 12:47 PM Wersi Abacus
thomas.boenes@c2i.net Offline

Hi, everybody! :-)

I just have to tell you about my new Wersi Abacus keyboard. It sounds fantastic! The sounds are great, and... It's just wonderful! :-)

I also have a Yamaha 9000Pro, but that has become a sales item...

The Wersi Abacus is just superb... And I wonder if there are other Wersi users on this forum?

If so, I would love to exchange mails with you...

Regards,
Thomas

#149068 - 11/19/02 02:46 PM Re: Wersi Abacus
trtjazz Offline

Donny,
Read all about it....
http://www.wersi.uk.com/home.htm

Terry

#149069 - 11/19/02 02:51 PM Re: Wersi Abacus
Anonymous
Unregistered

#149070 - 11/20/02 12:30 AM Re: Wersi Abacus
cosel Offline

Loc: cyprus
Hi!
I play the Abacus professionaly for more then a year now and I have posted info about it some times before.I still use version 3.30 and not 4.1 which is the current,but I plan to upgrade (in January hopefully).I have also promised to put some MP3s and I will do it when I find some time.
Its not an expensive keyaboard;its a cheap studio.And second to none for live applications.

#149071 - 11/20/02 05:44 AM Re: Wersi Abacus
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Cosel,

How much is, "Not Expensive" for the Abacus. I still own a Wersi DX Alpha 350 which I purchased somewhere around 12 years ago. It was pretty advanced for it's time with great Drawbars.

How does the Abacus compare to the Yamaha Tyros which is a kb I have ordered? I also used to use an arranger (PSR 9000) for gigging, but for specialized sounds and quick program changes. I also play out with a Korg Triton Pro and midi the two together so that I can play each others voices and quickly make program changes. I'm looking to replace the PSR9000 which I already sold.

Al

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#149072 - 11/20/02 07:13 AM Re: Wersi Abacus
cosel Offline

Hi Al (kbrkr)
in the same way the Alpha was ahead of tis times is the Abacus.
Look to it as a package of the folowing:
1)Windows PC with CDRW and Color Touch Screen:apart from operating the insrument (NO CRUSHES!!),use it play MP3s,to run you favorite software ,make your own CD right on the spot..
2)Progrmmable Digital Mixing Desk with two microphone ins + 2 stereo ins and 3 stereo outs its with separate equalisers.
Programmable Didital Effects:
Reverb,Echo,Chorus with idividual settings per sound.
3)144 notes of High quality Editable Stereo Sampled Sounds with 10s of Mb in size e.d.Grand Piano only is 30MB.With Wersi OX7 installed then you have live Drawbars with the sounds of B3,H100,and Wersi Helios/Spectra.If need more sound sources you may install and run sofware sound generators like NI Absynth ,B4,Kontakt,Gigampler.Mind you these organ sounds do not cut down polyphony because a separate sound generator is used.
4)High quality User programmable Drumsets:you may use any recorded sound as a drum instument.
5)Vocal Harmoniser (optional)etc.
Number of styles/sounds/SMFs/MP3s limited only by the hard disk size.
All the extra equipment you need is a Microphone (if you are a singer) and two power speakers -for small venues this may not be required if you have the onboard speakers.
On stage you can recall the Total Preset number and have all your settings at once.
Further more wou may recall any style/SMF/sound etc directly from the touch screen or the user programmable buttons (very simmilar to the Alpha's) and do your volume mixing with the volume drawbars and even edit a style or midifile while palying.
Please do not underestimate the high qulity wood+metal cabinet and the fact that at least once a year a major software update CD comes out from Wersi Germany which very easily gives the Abacus new facilities/sounds/styles etc.
I would be happy to answear any specific questions that you may have.

#149073 - 11/20/02 09:45 AM Re: Wersi Abacus
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Whoa! You can load software synths into this beast?

That is probably the best Idea I have heard in a long, long time in an arranger keyboard. The B4 Soft Synth is killer by itself.

But, you haven't mentioned the price!!!!

Please!!!

Al

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#149074 - 11/20/02 11:21 AM Re: Wersi Abacus
cosel Offline

Hi again!
In this link http://www.wersi.net/bestellungen/bestellinfo.html you can find the official retail pricelist from Wersi Germany as an indication.Current configuration is 512MB RAM/40GB hard disk/second DSP card SG-10 and operating system OAS 4.10 as standard.Check this: http://www.musikpark.at/Update.html
I think you check other dealers worldwide in http://www.wersi.net/partner.html.for special offers/bundles.
By the way the sound of the B4 is not so far away from the OX7.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online